nurses shoes

(9 Posts)
Shakerlackerboomboom Fri 11-Dec-15 17:51:08

Hi,
I am a student nurse and seem to be accumulating shoes. I have sketchers go walks and some leather mary janes the soles are so hard I clomp
I really like the Hotter LULU shoes pictured but I just can't justify the £70 at the moment can anyone recommend any alternatives, they are the ones I love.
I will wear my go walks in the hospital- these are for community etc

Princessdeb Fri 11-Dec-15 18:26:35

Dear Op,
I would say those shoes are too open and don't offer your feet sufficient protection. If you dropped something sharp you could be injured. If one of my students wore those I would ask them to change them. For a cheaper and comfortable alternative try M&S's footglove range. I wear Ecco's but they are pretty pricey.

Shakerlackerboomboom Fri 11-Dec-15 18:44:57

Thank you x

comeagainforbigfudge Fri 11-Dec-15 18:53:21

Oh yes you need a full shoe. Not just for protection from sharps/poo/blood etc but if it's for community then the elements!! Your poor wee feet would be freezing in them sad

Foxglove is a good shout. I need to get a new pair for going back to work. Think I'll need to investigate the sales grin

marriednotdead Sat 12-Dec-15 22:46:16

I think Clarks UnLoop will fit the bill.

There's a thread which you might find helpful here smile

ReallyTired Sat 12-Dec-15 22:49:14

My mother wore Doc Martens for years when she worked as a nurse. I realise that doc Martens are a bit of a marmite shoe. Some people love them, others find them uncomfortable.

Mrsunders86 Sat 12-Dec-15 23:09:39

I second the vote for Clarks UnLoop, I'm not a nurse or similar but I have arthritis in my feet and these were the comfiest shoes I have ever put on my feet. Half price at the moment too, worth a look 👍🏻

lougle Sun 13-Dec-15 00:02:12

I wear Clarks unstructured Unhoney shoes. They do well even on 13.5 hr shifts.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Dec-15 11:22:54

I would wait for the sale, Hotter Stream is a very good shoe as it has no seams to irritate the toes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now