BodyShop Vitamin C Serum - anyone else a fan?

(7 Posts)
MumoftheBoulevard Tue 08-Dec-15 10:29:48

I bought some of this a couple of weeks ago and am using it before moisturiser and make up. I really think my skin is looking a lot more "glowy" and makeup seems to sit really nicely on it. I am using Marks & Spencer Royal Jelly & Honey moisturiser SPF6 in the day time (yes I know its an old lady product but I really like it). My skin is usually combination. Just idly wondering if the vitamin c range was known to be good? I only bought it cos I liked the smell of it - was at a BS party.

Yellowgold Tue 08-Dec-15 21:26:45

Hi, is it the powder one or capsule one?

MumoftheBoulevard Wed 09-Dec-15 11:10:27

Neither its a small pump bottle and its yellow and orange.

Nabootique Wed 09-Dec-15 12:17:13

Is it the Skin Reviver? I've not used it, but looking at it it's more like a primer than a serum, as it's got a load of silicone and light reflecting particles, hence the glow. Looks like a nice product for that purpose.

Other than that, I don't rate the range too highly. I've tried a couple of bits. The problem is that is that the vitamin C content is so minimal that it's not really beneficial. Having said that, you might like the products regardless for their other ingredients!

MumoftheBoulevard Thu 10-Dec-15 10:14:26

It could be the skin reviver yes. Its like a balm really and is absorbed really well. Smell is so lovely. Disappointed that the vit C content is minimal, well done to you for reading the small print! I can never be bothered I just have blind hope!

Nabootique Thu 10-Dec-15 14:38:26

Heck, if it works, it works! If it's making your skin look good and it's a different ingredient from the vitamin C that's doing it then no matter smile

There are loads of products that don't look like they should work but do. The Vichy Aqualia serum springs to mind.

Tate15 Thu 10-Dec-15 16:56:54

I use this sometimes, it is lovely

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D3RH4RE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now