what colour hair would suit me?

(8 Posts)
zombiemeow Sun 06-Dec-15 11:22:50

I am bored of my hair.

It's currently black, which I love, but my natural colour is a very light mousey brown (which I hate) so when my roots come through it looks ridiculous.

My skin is very pale but I suffer quite bad with roseacea (sorry no idea how to spell).

I have had it most colours at some point but I just can't find one I really like and have no idea what would suit me hmm

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 06-Dec-15 14:05:38

Is the black a permenant dye?
Because if it is, you'll have to ask a hairdresser about removing it before you think of new colours.
I've had black dyed hair years ago, I had to grow/cut over a period of time. It looked dodgey.

How long is your hair?

zombiemeow Sun 06-Dec-15 16:44:10

It is permanent sad I have treated my hair very badly over the last few years.

I did have one side shorter so at the moment most of it is bra strap length and the one side is just above shoulder length. I was thinking of having it all cut even but I have quite a round face so was worried about it suiting me being that short hmm

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 06-Dec-15 17:06:35

I know posters recommend "ColourB4" on here . I haven't tried it, though . It sounds hard graft (and smelly)

Indigo dye in the black dyes are the most difficult to shift.
The ColourB4 takes your hair back to it's natural colour (might not do it all in one application ) and you can't predict the outcome though you could strand test (they probably recommend it anyway)

When I was growing out black dye, I kept it really short and used a temp black to cover regrowth (though my hair is naturally mid/dark brown) but it still looked a bit mottled .

I think you'd have a challenge on your hands and you should really really get a professional to assess it. They might suggest running some highlights through to make the regrowth less noticeable?
Or 'slices' of colour .

I had a shoulder length bob dyed mid brown, then started using a slightly lighter , chestnut on the regrowth.
I had it cut in a Pixie Cut, all the old dye gone and now I use a lighter blonde to dye my hair chestnutty/coppery.

My face is oval/thin so I like my Pixie Cut.

zombiemeow Sun 06-Dec-15 17:35:20

I wondered about colour b4, but I don't know if it would work on me as I have dyed my hair a hell of a lot blush will look into it though, thanks.

Will pop into hairdresser tomorrow and see what they say smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 06-Dec-15 18:10:09

Do you really want to change your hair though?
If you say that you love the black hair and I presume your make-up and clothes are designed round that?
If you do go lighter (not your natural shade if you don't like it but lighter tha what you are now) you'll need to do a complete overhaul.

See what they say at the hairdressers. Maybe having a restyle and colour might make you feel different?

I still think I'm a brown eyed brunette and tend to veer towards the clothes I used to buy. But IRL , I'm a brown eyed chestnut.
So when I catch sight of myself, I'm "Oh".
I've had this colour since June (I just thought "Go for it" and bought a blonde dye. I could always dye it over. My hair is short, it gets cut out if it goes horribly wrong - which it hasn't yet )

hauntedhenry Sun 06-Dec-15 19:31:23

I had highlights to go from black to brown, it was fine. I loved my black hair too, but I have mousey hair too and when the roots came through it looked like I was going bald!

zombiemeow Sun 06-Dec-15 20:14:41

I don't really want to change it but it's the re growth and I'm worried that if I do decide I want a change it will be too hard to remove if I keep putting dye over the top.

Yes that's the problem I have I look bald!!! I thought it was just me blush that teamed with pp hairloss isn't a pretty sight hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now