M&S tights are crap

(25 Posts)
fadingfast Thu 03-Dec-15 21:11:57

Or is it just me? I've always bought my tights there and I have a few dusty old pairs that I must have had for 10 years, still going strong. Now I find that every pair, without exception, goes at the toe. Big fat holes, after only one or two outings. Even the more expensive ones. I don't appear to have grown claws at the end of my feet, so can only conclude that their tights are now rubbish.

Where do you buy tights these days?

Doobigetta Thu 03-Dec-15 21:19:05

Tesco. I don't want to think too closely about how much I've spent on crap tights in the last couple of weeks in M&S and House of Fraser. And then I got 2 pairs of F&F 80 denier for £4, and they're amazing. Soft, thick, propely opaque, comfortable around the waist.

ShebaQueen Thu 03-Dec-15 21:25:02

Someone on here recommended the 100 denier from Primark. I tried them and they are amazing! Can't remember how much but it was something like £5 for 3 pairs.

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 03-Dec-15 21:33:12

M&S. None others fit except long tall sally, but you'd probably know if you were their target market

traviata Thu 03-Dec-15 21:38:01

Never, never buy tights from BHS.

Not unless you really wanted knee socks.

JasperDamerel Thu 03-Dec-15 21:39:37

M&S velvet touch opaques are good, but the rest are rubbish. Other places seem even worse, though. Tights lasted better when I was thinner and walked less.

fadingfast Thu 03-Dec-15 22:14:12

Will definitely be giving Primark and Tesco's a go, thanks!
MinesAPint I am in the target market for LTS but never tried their tights. Expensive I would imagine.

CointreauVersial Thu 03-Dec-15 22:42:09

Cut yer toenails! wink

herethereandeverywhere Thu 03-Dec-15 22:47:47

Boots tights are great. Like M&S ones used to be.

Shenanagins Thu 03-Dec-15 23:02:02

A bought opaques from m&s s recently and they are awful compared to ones that I bought from their years ago. So disappointed.

StandoutMop Thu 03-Dec-15 23:06:26

I fell over today. Gouged a massive hole in my hand but failed to destroy my m&s tights despite landing on my knees. So pretty bloody (literally today) marvellous in my book.

Glitteryfrog Thu 03-Dec-15 23:27:11

Someone on here recommended the 100 denier from Primark.
Me maybe.
I love them, they fit well, but if they go bobbly they're cheap enough not to be an issue. If I've spent £7 on them I'd be cross.

ShebaQueen Fri 04-Dec-15 05:28:44

Glittery thank you so much for the recommendation! They are great.

mintoil Sat 05-Dec-15 20:37:33

Always buy mine in M&S but always opaques and never have a problem with them.

I don't think I have ever had a pair go on the toes, sorry.

Are your shoes a tight fit?

If you are wearing boots do you put socks on as well? I do so maybe that helps?

bingohandjob Sun 06-Dec-15 11:00:39

Charnos 60D opaques in black and array of colours for winter. Wash brilliantly, knock M&S saggy crotch offerings into a cocked hat. From UK tights. Bought a batch last year, still going strong.

ThomasSofty Sun 06-Dec-15 12:52:29

I also love Charnos tights, bingohandjob. They last forever and never go saggy!

MathsFiend Sun 06-Dec-15 15:24:45

M&s autograph tights shit all over tesco, primary and boots. Their ordinary tights are not so good though.

leadrightfoot Sun 06-Dec-15 15:32:24

Always Wolfords (usually via flea bay) have some that have to be 10 years old still going strong aside from dogs clawing their way up my leg withstand most antics!

burnishedsilver Sun 06-Dec-15 15:44:21

Primark are amazingly good for amazingly little money.

bingohandjob Sun 06-Dec-15 15:50:30

Charnos are the absolute boll*cks. I love the navy and grey ones. Weirdly though, the 100D are not a great fit on the bum like the 60D.

Trills Sun 06-Dec-15 15:58:20

120 denier velvet touch from Primark. £3 a pair. Buy a size bigger than you would in M&S.

I'd say they are as nice as the M&S Autograph ones at £9.50 a go.

ZaraW Sun 06-Dec-15 16:08:10

M&S Autograph for me too. Also Falke when I get them on special offer. Not a fan of JL tights.

fadingfast Sun 06-Dec-15 16:31:12

Good tip about wearing socks on top thanks mintoil. The holes often start to appear after I've been stomping around in boots smile

Dowser Sun 06-Dec-15 20:37:23

I'm loving my 100 denier nude opaques from eBay. All kinds of colours.

I've put them through their paces over the last few chilly weeks and no sign of bobbling yet.

Prompt delivery and were about £2-50 a pair.

Would you like the link?

Thinking of trying the coloureds next.

ExConstance Mon 07-Dec-15 13:08:37

I get mine at Primark now, very long lasting. I used to get all my stockings and tights at M&S but they just go to holes. I t puts me in a very bad mood indeed when 3 pairs have developed holes as I put them on in one morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now