Great quality jersey tops

(21 Posts)
LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 15:24:03

Where do you get them?

I want a black or dark grey V neck top to wear to my Xmas do with a sequin skirt.

I would like a wrap top or perhaps simply a v-neck one. Good quality cotton or cotton/lycra.

I like this one at Baukjen, but if I'm going to pay £50 for effectively a v-neck t-shirt, I'm going to need to make sure it s the right one smile
www.baukjen.com/uk/shop/baukjen/tops/maxine-top-caviar-black.htm

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 15:24:59

Oh, also I need a size 18 or 20 and the Baukjen only goes up to 16 - so it's not an option afterall.

superbfairywren Thu 03-Dec-15 18:52:08

Me too! Am no help I'm afraid but I want just this! They have a couple of nice looking ones in pepperberry but I haven't decided if they're perfect enough to order.

superbfairywren Thu 03-Dec-15 18:54:42

www.bravissimo.com/m/pepperberry/#products/tops/jersey-tops/wrap-pleated-top/navy/pt411nvy/ oops it's navy not black, sorry!

PartTimeModel Thu 03-Dec-15 18:55:33

That would be perfect in black!

billabye Thu 03-Dec-15 18:56:18

Next have some nice wrap type ones

superbfairywren Thu 03-Dec-15 20:41:11

I have a feeling they had a black one with short sleeves on the pepperberry site too! I am still umming and aahing about the navy one. Hoping to find a slightly cheaper option. Love the baukjen one. Wish I could afford it!

TheMightyMing Thu 03-Dec-15 21:05:57

I have had two from Pure - really lovely quality , not sure if there are any styles you might like. They wash beautifully.

BikeRunSki Thu 03-Dec-15 21:17:12

Anything here? Loads of styles, good quality and you can search by colour. Not cheap, but cheaper than Bakujen. I have a Bakujen top, it's great quality, but a bit clingy.

PartTimeModel Thu 03-Dec-15 21:19:07

I'm wearing a lovely red PURE one now I got recently. They were out of stock in black and pewter. I will take another look though. Thanks (I'm OP BTW)

TheMightyMing Thu 03-Dec-15 21:24:28

The slash neck one is lovely. I am considering ordering another. I am a big Baukjen fan but think it's expensive for what it is. But having said that, for the most part, if you are careful it washes beautifully.

hugoagogo Thu 03-Dec-15 21:26:52

landsend

superbfairywren Thu 03-Dec-15 21:43:15

www.bravissimo.com/m/pepperberry/#products/tops/jersey-tops/twist-waist-top/black/pt416blk/ found similar in black, looks good!!

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 21:45:50

That's great thank Superb

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 21:48:55

I'm looking for something a little more dressy thank the Landsend one.

the Baukjen slash neck is lovely too- but I'm pretty busty and the silhouette is totally lost on me. Wrap or V neck is more flattering. Baukjen offered me a 25% off code on the website - new customer.

hugoagogo Thu 03-Dec-15 21:52:13

This from dorothy perkins is a bit dressier, but I can't really vouch for the quality.

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 22:07:17

the style is nice hugo but I do find DP's quality varies. Also I'd quite like to avoid polyester - the skirt will probably be polyester already. Last year I wore a nice wrap dress (after MN advice smile) but the polyester fabric kind of spoilt how nice I felt in it IYKWIM.

I don't go to fancy do's very often - aiming to feel a little glam but also comfortable. I don't mind spending a bit extra as I will get lots of wear out of it.

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 22:08:08

PURE are only doing red, 2 different blues and white. How can they have discontinued the black?

southeastastra Thu 03-Dec-15 22:08:51

i have a really nice one with three quarter length sleeves from great plains. also the boden wrap top is really good

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 22:14:17

just looked at the Boden one - only available in one size (not mine). Boo!
I can't see any wrap tops on Great Plains.
JL is out of stock on all black wrap tops.

Pepperberry looking good.

southeastastra Thu 03-Dec-15 22:15:18

boden can't find the great plains one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now