What season am I?

(3 Posts)
Dullfromdullsville Tue 10-Nov-15 19:50:15

I can't afford to get my colours done unfortunately but does anyone know what season I would be? I have ivory skin with rosy cheeks, blue eyes and goldish brown hair. I would love to start wearing colour more as I live in muted navy and black at the moment, and its sooooo boring!
I have looked at my veins and they look blue/purple so I'm guessing I'm a cool colour?

HopefulAnxiety Wed 11-Nov-15 13:07:59

Unfortunately it's very difficult to tell without draping - HOC doesn't take eye and hair colour into account as much as CMB does, it is more about what colours suit you. What shade of blue are your eyes, and what do you mean by ivory skin? Do you just mean pale? To me ivory indicates a yellow tone whereas porcelain is a pale pink tone, but it's not an exact science. Rosy cheeks can also be just surface redness and not indicative of skin undertone. By goldish brown hair do you mean that it is a warm brown? I'm actually thinking you may be a soft autumn/the summer end of autumn, which is a warm colour.

What colours suit you?

DelphiniumBlue Wed 11-Nov-15 20:12:41

Your colouring sounds similar to mine and I am definitely a winter. This quite surprised me (20odd years ago) as felt I wasn't dark enough for a winter, but those are the colours which make me feel zingy! Purply- blues, raspberry reds,/ pinks, bluey- greens. Navy worked better when I went blonde, but tends to look a bit dull, midnight blue or bright blue work better. Black looks OK but as I get older feel it needs brightening up with either silver jewellery or a colourful scarf. Turquoise, or deep teal also work well and elicit loads of compliments. Pale or dull colours don't seem to look so good, except icy blue.
Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now