making dress look funky

(20 Posts)
PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 08-Nov-15 10:04:31

Ok i can't buy funky shoes ( my feet are too big the don't make them) how can i make this dress exciting and funky?

mewkins Sun 08-Nov-15 11:31:10

What length is it and for what occasion or just for day wear?

pestilence13610 Sun 08-Nov-15 11:55:42

And just how big are your feet?
Unless they are size 13 this place, could help

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 08-Nov-15 11:59:29

It is ground length, and for a christmas party, my feet are size 11

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 08-Nov-15 12:04:23

Just been to the website, they are nice but nothing sparkly or funky patterns, nothing that shouts, IGNORE THE DRESS LOOK AT THESE SHOES.

By funky think joe browns or desigual

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 08-Nov-15 12:07:12

This is what i would love, but i got that dress last year trying to be good

www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+women-dresses-copenhagen-dress+ld850

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 08-Nov-15 12:14:38

Those dresses are miles apart!
I think you will need a wide patterned belt and some big earrings for starters...

mewkins Sun 08-Nov-15 13:21:49

Probably not what you had in mind but I would shorted it to quite a bit above the knee and wear with some ankle boots and a bit necklace and bangles. I don't like a long dress though really.

cashewnutty Sun 08-Nov-15 15:34:59

It's hard to see form the picture but that dress likes the most boring, dull dress in the world. Where is it from? Have you a link to a website stocking it?

If i was you i would ditch that dress and buy another one you actually like (if you have enough money obviously).

cashewnutty Sun 08-Nov-15 15:35:19

Looks like i mean!

The Joe Browns dress is not nice at all.

Plain dress with something like this or this or this maybe?

Kickassandlollipops Sun 08-Nov-15 16:11:44

I would go Greek goddess, gold braid sewn under the bust, gold sandals and gold bangles, with a sleek updo if you have long hair .

KittyB52 Sun 08-Nov-15 16:24:21

I like the idea of the Greek goddess look. What about a gold torque necklace or an arm cuff?

uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_2.2/8843348100

pestilence13610 Sun 08-Nov-15 16:44:20

Shoes:- take a tip from the burlesque girls.
One pair slightly sad heels + glue gun + rhinestones, glitter, applique etc = blingy, sparkly shoes.
Hadn't realised size 11 meant frumpy or fetish hmm

Goingbacktomyroots Sun 08-Nov-15 16:48:35

I don't think that dress is very flattering, whatever shoes you wear with it.

Why don't you get a really great dress that you love and fits you perfectly?

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 08-Nov-15 17:58:32

Pestillence yep, v boring or so high i can't walk.
I have no idea what i was thinking when i bought it last year, last year i wore it and loved it.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 08-Nov-15 19:58:38

My OH just laughed at me, for thinking of selling this dress to put the money towards another one, for the works christmas party.

He feels so lucky some guy at work has just gone on a cruise and his wife bought 2 full designers dresses for the event.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Fri 20-Nov-15 16:48:32

Well i found some really funky shoes at tallgirls.co.uk but they are sold out now, but the dress really doesn't go so everything sorted.

Greengardenpixie Fri 20-Nov-15 18:33:49

I dont find the dress offensive.
Its what you make of it.
Its a classic tbh. I nice pair of bright or sparkly shoes a nice bag and some decent jewellery and you could look fabulous.

chipsandpeas Fri 20-Nov-15 21:53:11

i like the dress, id add a thick sparkly belt or like a silver chain belt round the waist band just to break it up a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now