Dress for work Christmas party

(3 Posts)
KittyB52 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:29:59

I am looking for a dress/outfit for our work Christmas party and I am struggling a bit. I am short (5 foot), pear-shaped (saddlebags) and I'm an Autumn (so don't wear black/white/grey).

The problem with a lot of dresses seems to be that they have either a high neckline (which gives me a boob shelf - I'm a FF cup) or they have a decent neckline but they're 'bodycon' (no good for my lower half).

I would like something that shows a tiny bit cleavage (I have decent boobs and a small waist - might as well show them off a wee bit) but don't want to go too boobalicious (have tried a few dresses that have 'boob windows' - too much for a work do). I don't have great legs, so don't want anything shorter than knee length. I would prefer to have a dress with sleeves if possible, but could do sleeveless.

I'm going to end up wearing a tunic over skinny trews again this year, aren't I? grin

Dowser Sun 08-Nov-15 08:06:10

When ineed a special occasion dress I always look here first after a kind mumsnetters sent me here after my wedding dress meltdown. The dress I chose is on the page, white, shot through with a bit of gold £39 instead of £140. Beautifully constructed dress. If they haven't got your size don't be afraid of getting a slightly bigger one and having it altered to fit.

At those prices youcan afford too. I got a 20 for the comfort of the waist as I was getting married in a hot climate and had to allow for abit of fluid retention. Alterations came to £15 to be taken in on the shoulders and bust.

I like several on there. For you you might like the petrol blue with long sleeves...looks a bit like a top and skirt.

I'd also be partial to one of the coral ones as well.

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Dresses/S301,default,sc.html?prefn1=brand&prefv1=Eliza%20J&ajaxLoad=true&spcl

This is the sale. You can also look at full price if you want to push the boat out.

Let us know how you get on.

BrendaandEddie Sun 08-Nov-15 08:14:41

Get my drape top on the other thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now