Short hair on a fat face

(6 Posts)
TheGrallon Wed 04-Nov-15 21:46:27

I'm growing out my grey, I'm booked in with a new stylist on Friday and am thinking of asking her to crop my chin length bob to a soft sort of pixie cut. I've a fat face but to be honest it's not like my present hair so does anything to hide that and I need to get rid of these blorangey mid lengths. Am I mad? Will I spend three/six months feeling hideous beneath a hat??

Silverstreaks Wed 04-Nov-15 22:48:03

There are some lovely hats around!

It sounds like you're changing your hair one way or another so why not go the whole hog? It'll be nice to have a different style for a while.

TheGrallon Wed 04-Nov-15 22:59:50

This is true and what better season for a hat!!

HopefulAnxiety Thu 05-Nov-15 02:24:52

I am fat with a chubby face and love my pixie cut, best hair decision I've ever made. My hair is v thick and was weighing my face down if that makes sense. My cut is based on Frankie from The Saturdays' - I like a fringe to hide my prominent widow's peak.

JoyceDivision Thu 05-Nov-15 20:39:24

Hi op,I have a fat face and a pixie cut! My DH says it suits me best even though he prefers bobs in general.

However I have got a little bit of length in a chunky fringe like anne hathaway here

amazonianwoman Thu 05-Nov-15 21:00:22

I have a just below chin length bob, after having short hair for 30 years. I like the look of my hair and the style (hair is strong, wavy, healthy and "swooshy") but I don't think it suits me. It drags my face down and makes it look even more jowly because of where the length ends. So I think I'll be back to short hair for the rest of my life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now