Leather A line mini - what do I put with it?

(11 Posts)
happyjustobeme Mon 26-Oct-15 16:30:14

I've bought a black leather A line mini from M and S petite range, of all places, but I have absolutely no idea what to wear it with. All advice appreciated, working from the shoes up! I would like to wear it out in the evenings, out for dinner or for a few drinks. I am a 40 year old, very short size 10, with a flat chest, and I tend to buy in petite ranges as I am so short and my frame is quite narrow.

Thank you.

louloubelle2 Mon 26-Oct-15 16:46:13

A thin knit merino crew neck slim fit sweater, pick a colour. Gap have them for £25 at the moment. Black opaques and ankle boots.

I'd wear it during the day too with the same sort of jumper, a chunkier longer boyfriend cardigan and ankle or knee high boots.

I wouldn't wear a shirt tucked in like M&S have styled it online.

These shoes keep coming up in my banner ads on here, they'd look good for evening, without being too dressy:
www.marksandspencer.com/stiletto-high-heel-pleated-platform-shoe-boots-with-insolia/p/p22401731?extid=TP_F_CT_B_260911_290_CreoGe

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 26-Oct-15 16:58:08

I have a similar skirt, but mine is faux leather. I've worn it really dressed down - so for example with a jumper, opaques and Chelsea boots. My thinking is that it's pretty much a statement skirt and needs the rest of the outfit kept under-stated to avoid looking too much.

NotTodaySatan Mon 26-Oct-15 18:04:29

I bought one last month (pleather rather than the real thing) and I am in love with mine. Can't believe how versatile it is.

Daytime: cropped jumpers, slouchy fine knits + opaques + bikers.

Evening: t-shirts/camis + opaques + high heel ankle boots.

happyjustobeme Tue 27-Oct-15 13:02:28

Excellent, thanks very much everyone.

Lulu, I have those shoes in navy! They are great. I will keep an eye out in store for them in black as they are sold out of nearly every size online.

How thick for the opaques?

mrslebon Tue 27-Oct-15 22:27:02

I'd say 80 denier opaques, or even 100.

This chunky knit looks great with a leather skirt. It's got a decent amount of cotton in it so doesn't feel cheap. It comes up quite generous size wise so you'd be fine with the XS. There is 25% off one item with code 3169.

TheMightyMing Tue 27-Oct-15 23:58:34

Bought a nice Zara textured faux leather mini tonight , planning tk tram with converse and jumper by day and tight t shirts heels tights by night.

Sonotkylie Wed 28-Oct-15 09:18:09

Did you see Claudia Winkleman on the strictly results show on Sunday? She was wearing a simple black skirt that looked like leather, (and would work with a leather skirt) with a high neck buttoned up cream/ white lace shirt and simple black courts. Another evening look?

happyjustobeme Wed 28-Oct-15 17:14:15

mrslebon, could you link to the chunky knit if possible please? I would really like to see it.

I will be watching the strictly results show on catch up!

Thanks all.

mrslebon Wed 28-Oct-15 22:30:14

Oh sorry, I thought I had but clearly didn't! Here you go, it's the black and white one. The other colours are not the same composition and feel a bit cheap:

www.hm.com/gb/product/33274?article=33274-F&cm_vc=SEARCH

happyjustobeme Mon 02-Nov-15 14:51:07

Thanks very much mrslebon. I really like that jumper. It's another look that will mean that I get lots of wear out of the skirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now