Body Shop - Advice before buying please!

(9 Posts)
Bluecheese22 Wed 21-Oct-15 15:26:44

I have a voucher code for 40% off (14317) and I like the look of the vitamin E day cream and Camomile cleansing balm. Has anyone tried either of these? If so what did you think? Both have good reviews on the website. TIA.

squoosh Wed 21-Oct-15 15:37:17

I've tried both.

I love the camomile cleansing balm. It gets every scrap of makeup and grime off your face without leaving it feeling stripped or dry.

The camomile cleansing oil is also great.

The Vitamin E day cream I was indifferent and wouldn't purchase again. I am fond of the Vitamin E night cream however. It's very rich and my skin seems to love it.

woodscommaelle Wed 21-Oct-15 15:46:38

my Husband loves the Smokey Poppy range but uses a he body cream on his face! They have offers on nearly every week so not sure if they are desperate for sales? I use Tropic now xx

Bluecheese22 Wed 21-Oct-15 15:56:16

Thank you both! The smokey poppy was on for £2, I was intrigued by the smell. Think I'll get the balm.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 21-Oct-15 16:05:40

I love the Camomile Cleansing Balm (it takes off all my make-up , I use a hot cloth to remove). I didn't like the Camomile Eye Make-Up Remover so I was surprised (pleasantly) by the balm.

DH and DS use the Ginger shampoo (I don't find it conditioning enough for my hair though)

Love the Absinth handwash which I use as a shower gel

I haven;t used the Vit E cream for years but I bought some of the Vit E sorbet last year and it has a strange texture like fine semolina.

Bluecheese22 Wed 21-Oct-15 16:16:39

Is the sorbet like a scrub? For £6 I think I'll get the camomile balm :-)

chanie44 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:07:19

I quite like the vitamin e sorbet but it isn't rich enough for my skin. It literally has the same consistency as a sorbet - lovely and light.

I also use:
Rainforest Shampoo/conditioner
Vitamin e serum in oil
Hemp foot cream
Hemp hand cream
Japanese blossom body mist.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 21-Oct-15 18:40:33

No, not a scrub, it's a light moisturiser, smells gorgeous and feels cool and hydrating.
But left a weird, coating on my skin, even if I used a tiny amount.

In the end, I used it thick as a mask then rinsed off the excess so as not to waste it.

bloodyteenagers Wed 21-Oct-15 18:43:01

If unsure go in store and ask for testers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now