making lash curl last!

(9 Posts)
itsbetterthanabox Tue 20-Oct-15 14:45:04

I gave dead straight almost pointing down lashes.
I've considered a lash lift but want to find a home technique that works too.
I always find when I curl them they go straight again almost immediately.
Help!

Grok Tue 20-Oct-15 16:18:52

You could try blowing your hair dryer onto your eyelash curler for 5 seconds before you curl your eyelashes. If your eyelash curler is metal though let it cool down a bit before you use it or you could burn yourself! The heat helps the curl stick.

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 20-Oct-15 16:21:21

My 2 tips.

Good eyelash curlers (I like the shu uemura ones)

Waterproof mascara

HopefulAnxiety Tue 20-Oct-15 19:32:33

Warming eyelash curlers help - Shu Uemura ones are good because they're designed for Asian lashes, which often point downwards due to the eyelid shape.

I wonder, if on that note, any Korean mascaras are better?

I have very straight lashes and have found an Essence mascara (called something like Big Volume Curl - in a red/coral tube with a yellow circle on it) to be great at holding a curl and getting BIG lashes.

myknickersknackersknockers Tue 20-Oct-15 19:40:42

I once heard someone on a makeover programme say that if you curl your eyelashes then put in mascara it was like curling your hair then wetting it and brushing it. Makes sense. Think a waterproof mascara was recommended.

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 20-Oct-15 20:40:49

Problem with mascara then curling is that the lashes get stuck on the pads of the curler and you end up pulling your lashes out shock. Not advisable.

NotQuitePerfect Wed 21-Oct-15 15:19:59

Caroline Hirons in a '5-minute face' video I saw recently, showed how she curled the lashes on one eye then immediately applied mascara to those lashes before moving on to the other eye. I've been doing this ever since, and I'm sure it's made a difference smile

NotQuitePerfect Wed 21-Oct-15 15:26:35

youtu.be/87_Drdh5pKc

It's at about 4 minutes wink

Bluecheese22 Wed 21-Oct-15 15:28:37

Mascara on let it dry a little, heat eyelash curler and you're good to go. I use a No7 mascara and £1 curlers from Primary and my eyelashes stay 'up' all day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now