Monica Vinader - is it worth the money?

(6 Posts)
OldPossum Mon 19-Oct-15 12:24:18

Really like some of the jewellery on the website but seems a bit pricey for what is, essentially, gold plate. I googled gold vermeil and it seems to be gold layered onto sterling silver. I am a bit chaotic and like jewellery that can withstand the odd shower, bath or swimming pool if I forget to take it off - does anyone have any experience to share or advice to offer. Thanks.

faustina Mon 19-Oct-15 12:30:37

I love her stuff! Vermeil does just mean gold plated but it's fairly robust and the designs are really nice. Look for sales on the outnet and net a porter to get it cheaper

OldPossum Mon 19-Oct-15 15:48:15

Thanks faustina - how do you clean it and is it reasonably waterproof?

faustina Mon 19-Oct-15 17:18:49

I've never cleaned my jewellery! I'm not sure what you mean about waterproof.. I've been swimming and had baths wearing her rings and it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm wearing two of them right now and the gold has worn off very slightly on the underneath bit that you can't see, but I've had these ones for at least four or five years. It doesn't make them look unpleasant, just a bit silvery

KateSpadeAddict Mon 19-Oct-15 17:23:47

I don’t own any of it but saw it in real life in London recently and it is stunning - the pictures on the internet don’t do the sparkly things justice!!

www.monicavinader.com/skinny-curve-necklace/rose-gold-vermeil-skinny-curve-necklace-diamond?search=%2Fshop%2Fnecklaces

That kind of necklace looks really meh in that picture but was beautiful in the shop. I really wanted some envy.

LittleMysMoominMamma Mon 19-Oct-15 17:59:45

I have several MV rings, all gold plated, and I absolutely loved every them.

I think some must be over 5 years old, and still look lovely - I try to remember to take them off when I wash my hands, but there's no sign of the plating wearing off on any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now