Foundation talk

(57 Posts)
Shoulder2Shoulder Sun 18-Oct-15 07:28:38

So I'm on pursuit of the perfect foundation. I have tried tinted moisturiser which was fairly good in my youth but I'm now approaching 40 ??. I moved on to mineral foundation which was ok but messy in the bathroom (always leaving a fine orangey dust everywhere!). Then came BB cream which was nice but didn't stay put.

Currently I'm using Estée Lauder double wear as I figured you pay for what you get. Here comes the but...although it is superior to any product I've tried and tested before its not quite right. It just doesn't blend well round my nose, under my eyes or near my jawline. And, yes I do prep my skin.

So what next? I don't mind paying a little more for the perfect product.

FYI, I have clear skin (seem to have finally outgrown spots!) although a little red In some areas and dry patches around my nose.

BrendaandEddie Sun 18-Oct-15 07:38:34

No it's funny you say that about the el, I have been using Chanel vitalumiere for years, and when my rep moved to Estee Lauder I thought I would go and try double wear . I had a tiny test which I put on yesterday, oh my god it was awful! I look like I've been made up in the mortuary ready for my viewing -so chalky so matt.

Huntersmum15 Sun 18-Oct-15 08:17:02

What results do you want from this foundation? Eg coverage etc? smile

Indulgingmum Sun 18-Oct-15 08:39:40

I love love love the Lancôme miracle Cushion. I am forty and I find it doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. It gives a lovely dewy finish and isn't drying on my dry skin. It blends nicely and can be built up on areas needing more coverage. I'd say it's comparable in price to your EL.

Shoulder2Shoulder Sun 18-Oct-15 08:42:44

I want a natural/dewy complexion which should be doable! And I don't want to have too touch up.

zippyswife Sun 18-Oct-15 09:40:39

The ysl touché eclat foundation is really good I think. Not matte although not particularly dewy either. Coverage is good not too heavy and doesn't look dry.

BrendaandEddie Sun 18-Oct-15 09:49:24

Chanel vl

maxxytoe Sun 18-Oct-15 09:52:01

Makeup forever HD foundation is my holy grail

suze28 Sun 18-Oct-15 10:34:48

Try Lancome Teint Miracle. I'm loving it atm for a natural looking dewy finish.

MrsMarigold Sun 18-Oct-15 10:38:00

I like Laura Mercier for moisturising older skin (£35) and if I feel rich or have Space NK vouchers Chantecaille (£60)

NotTodaySatan Sun 18-Oct-15 10:38:00

Agree about Double Wear.

I bought YSL Touche Éclat foundation yesterday and I'm really not convinced so far. It blended away to pretty much zero coverage. Not sure whether to persevere or return..

NotTodaySatan Sun 18-Oct-15 10:39:26

Oh yeah and I also agree with maxxy. The MUFE HD was my holy grail too but they discontinued it and have launched a different formula which I haven't tried yet. Such a shame, it was a beautiful foundation.

hooliodancer Sun 18-Oct-15 11:30:05

Chanel. The best.

MuttonDressedAsGoose Sun 18-Oct-15 13:01:17

Something different to try: Dior Airflash. The instructions say to spray directly on the face, but everyone applies it with a big fluffy brush.

The coverage is very good, yet you can't see it on the skin.

goodasitgets Sun 18-Oct-15 14:34:35

Urban decay naked skin. I keep repurchasing which is unusual for me!

ALittleLemonTwist Sun 18-Oct-15 14:41:03

I'm currently using Dior nude air. I'm very impressed with it.

TheCraicDealer Sun 18-Oct-15 14:45:45

Nars Sheer Glow. I'm on a bottle of the luminous weightless stuff but think I'll swap back to SG when this is done.

HeyMicky Sun 18-Oct-15 14:48:31

TooFaced Born This Way. Lovely shades, dewy, quite sheer but builds nicely. Evens out my freckles well without looking caked on.

LazySusan11 Sun 18-Oct-15 16:42:58

I love Chantecaille Just Skin, future skin is also lovely. It's not cheap but my tube of just skin is 3-4 months old now and the tube has barely moved! Gives you such a lovely your skin but better look, I get comments on my skin every time I wear it

XiCi Sun 18-Oct-15 16:53:24

Chanel vitalumiere. It's the best I've found by far and I've tried alot, great coverage and lovely natural dewy finish.
I'd recommend just getting a load of samples though, everyone's skin is just so different

yazzy85 Sun 18-Oct-15 18:59:43

I was using double wear light as well before too but also felt it was too thick lately and switched to the new ysl fusion ink and its really great, lightweight and natural looking.

Shonajay Sun 18-Oct-15 20:25:18

Ive recently tried L'oreal lumi after seeing how dewy it was on a beauty tutorial. And it's cheap. I'm 48, and perfect coverage, good range of colours and a tenner.

Shoulder2Shoulder Sun 18-Oct-15 20:36:33

Had a quick look at the Dior air flash and it does look good and easy to apply. Anyone else any experience with this particular product or something similar? Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!

BrendaandEddie Sun 18-Oct-15 21:11:20

chanel!!
it makes me look SHAMAZING

Shoulder2Shoulder Sun 18-Oct-15 21:23:00

Which Chanel? Ease of application? What kind of finish does it give? Is it long wearing? Want to get this right before I hand over the £££ and obviously I will try before I buy. Thankssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now