Been asked loads.... finding cool hair cuts to grow out a crop?

(11 Posts)
JoyceDivision Tue 13-Oct-15 20:39:31

...s o my hairdresser has heard this from me a million times... so he shall hear it again!

I have short hair, have had it in a pixie crop for years, but I think if I don't try growing it out now I will end up stuck with it short for ever.

I only want to get it to a slightly inverted short bob, but it's the rubbish in between lengths while grwoing it out from really short I need help with.

Can anyone show me some pics?

Thanks!

ManicPixieDream Tue 13-Oct-15 20:52:51

I've just done this. It's the persevering and letting it grow passed your ears that I find hardest. Hairbands, scarves and twisting bits up with grips helps get you through. I've got a whole Pinterest board of pics for inspiration and motivation. Have you looked on there?

ManicPixieDream Tue 13-Oct-15 20:53:24

* past

JoyceDivision Tue 13-Oct-15 20:55:41

I am not bery good with pinterest... what should I type in? blush

JoyceDivision Tue 13-Oct-15 20:56:09

How long did it take you manic to grow your hair out?

ManicPixieDream Tue 13-Oct-15 20:57:26

I started with "growing out pixie"

Will try and post some pics on here.

How old are you? What colour is your hair?

ManicPixieDream Tue 13-Oct-15 21:01:01

Can add a roll at the front for interest if you have enough fringe.

ManicPixieDream Tue 13-Oct-15 21:04:15

Not sure, I bottled it half way through and went short again about 6 months ago. I've stuck with it this time and it's a short slightly inverted bob and I'm pleased with it. Had to have quite a bit cut off recently as I bleach it and it was damaged. It grows pretty fast though.

Sorry for rambling, about a year in total grin

JoyceDivision Tue 13-Oct-15 21:06:17

late 30s... brown hair with no dye in it starting to go frey as I want my grey to come through (which I know will look fab when goes completely grey with a crop but I only have a little bit of grey)

I live in boyfrind jeans and black tops, very low maintatence person, don't wear make up, so easy hair ideas!

Will type in growing out pixie on pinterest, thanks!

ManicPixieDream Tue 13-Oct-15 21:12:49

Best advice is regular trims to remove weight and mulletness at the back.

Good luck

Blueberrymuffint0p Wed 14-Oct-15 06:49:07

Just keep tucking the sides behind your ears until they're past them. Regular trims of the back so that you don't get a mullet.

I went from pixie crop to below ears in 8 months. It was a chin length Bob at 1 year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now