Who's that old bag coming towards me in M+S

(7 Posts)
Bitchyboo Wed 07-Oct-15 17:04:55

what a shock, it was my reflection ! I have suddenly grown old , look about 10 years older than I am. I am recovering from an illness and although I feel knackered I thought I looked reasonable. I used to be quite stylish and interested in all sorts of things but the past couple of years have been grim. How do I get it all back?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 07-Oct-15 17:09:54

I have this.....blush
I go out thinking I look okay, catch sight of myself and it's my MOTHER looking back . When did I turn into my Mother?

Today though (in M&S funnily enough) I saw what I thought was my reflection, but it was another woman in a similar top to me.
I bet she'd have been flattered -not.
She was 10+ years younger ..

I blame all the random mirrors. Oh yes.

madmomma Wed 07-Oct-15 18:53:22

It's horrible isn't it. I dread the mirrors in shops; dread them. My bloody hair! My weight! My eyebags! The advice I'd give is the same as I'd give myself (and ignore, obvs). Exercise (to build youthful muscle and shape even if no weight loss necessary. Get a bloody brilliant hairdresser any go every 6 weeks, and ask someone younger and stylish to help picky clothes for you. Makeup-wise (which is all I can do well), I really recommend looking at Lisa eldridge's website and watching the little tutorial clips on basic techniques and modern 'looks'

happyending14 Wed 07-Oct-15 19:19:11

Oh I swear it's the lights in marksies that make you look like that honestly wink. My eye bags look huge in there.

And 70 you know you've got a problem when you look in the mirror and it's not your mother, it's your nan looking back at you. Yes that's started happening to me.

CruCru Wed 07-Oct-15 20:53:47

Oh God. This is me. I bloody cried in front of DH yesterday because I used to be so pretty but am now old, fat and ugly.

I will check out Lisa Eldridge's website.

Chicinwellies Wed 07-Oct-15 20:55:39

Wow, I cloud have written this post. I go out utterly convinced I look like one thing and then I catch a glimpse of my deluded self. Ugh.

Nonnainglese Wed 07-Oct-15 20:59:55

Me too sad, old and haggard. Beyond it really.
I did exactly the same double take in M&S last winter.
I was so shocked I stuffed my coat into their Oxfam recycling box, grabbed the nearest assistant and got her to help me choose a new coat.
Sadly it's going to take more than that now to rejuvenate me.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now