I love the Seasalt Sea Folly Jacket but am skint...

(25 Posts)

where might I look for a budget alternative? I like either the green, blue or red version but am open minded on colour. I'm a size 18 which rules out some shops too. I've really fallen in love with it and I'm struggling to find anything similar in my £50 ish budget. Help!

Maugrim Tue 29-Sep-15 21:26:51

20% off Seasalt starting tomorrow with code CRABAPPLES if that helps?

That helps thank you - I might be able to stretch the budget a bit if I can't find an alternative. Do you know how long the offer is on for?

Maugrim Tue 29-Sep-15 21:32:12

Just for one day I'm afraid, I just received the email. I have to say that Seasalt coats do last, I've been using the same one for 3 years now and it still looks as good as new. A cheaper alternative may not last as long and I also love how ethical Seasalt is.
Other option could be to check out on EBay?

Oh , was hoping it would still be on when I get paid on Thursday, may have to find a way to work around it. I really love it and can see me wearing it far more than anything else I've seen.

Maugrim Tue 29-Sep-15 21:53:16

Discount is from 5pm Wednesday through to midnight Thursday....Maybe it's a sign you should get it? ;)

Definitely a sign grin

Oh that's lovely. Has anyone seen it in person? Is it padded / warm? Recommendations on colour?

I've seen someone wearing the yellow one and it looked great. I think I'm veering towards either the jewel green or eventide blue. Doesn't look padded but Jersey inside.

PrimalLass Tue 29-Sep-15 22:32:02

Joules have an almost identical jacket in the sale.

Is it the rubber coated one? I've looked at it but not sure, a bit too rubbery I think?

PetraStrorm Tue 29-Sep-15 22:48:36

I've got the Seafolly in dark red. It's lovely. Not padded, but it has a jerseyish lining and the hood is a real hood that actually covers your head (God I sound like my mum grin).

Floggingmolly Tue 29-Sep-15 22:51:10

Are they what we used to call duffel coats, or am I looking at it wrong? There's nothing new under the sun...

PetraStrorm Tue 29-Sep-15 22:52:10

The pockets are nice and deep enough to put things in too - including your hands. I haven't tested mine in really heavy rain but it's been great in showers / drizzle.

PetraStrorm Tue 29-Sep-15 22:56:09

It's that sort of style, molly, but it's heavy canvas fabric, and shorter than a duffle coat. You're probably supposed to fling it on casually when there's a squall on your yacht, but I live as far inland as you can get, and wear mine for walking the dog smile

Floggingmolly Tue 29-Sep-15 23:05:29

Ah!smile

petra I think the hood has sold it to me blush

molly it is a duffle type that's why I like it! Nice and simple. Everywhere I look it's either cape style coats with no buttons and belts, or parkas with furry hoods. I just want something fairly plain but not too dull.

ilovetosleep Wed 30-Sep-15 09:27:05

I'm in love with the yellow one of hear. Can anyone tell me if the offer is available in stores?

mrslebon Wed 30-Sep-15 09:53:54

Yes, the discount is online and in store.

stripytees Wed 30-Sep-15 11:10:23

I have it in navy. It's lovely but I consider it a warm weather rain jacket really. It's not warm enough for autumn or winter. The fabric is also quite "noisy" so I never wear it on dry days.

I love their coats in general, just depends what you're looking for.

TinaEl Thu 21-Jan-16 21:48:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

UnDeuxTroisCatsSank Thu 21-Jan-16 22:04:01

It's very much a raincoat, not a warm winter coat.

pickledparsnip Thu 21-Jan-16 22:14:43

I live in Cornwall and every other women I pass has one of these on. They are really nice though.I tried one on and found the sizes came up small.

iamnina Fri 22-Jan-16 12:18:25

I have it in yellow. I'm with Stripytees it's a warm weather jacket for a shower or short walk in the rain. It's not a warm coat

The quality is excellent - exceeded my expectations and not like the rubbish that seems to be everywhere these days. Investment purchase for me I deliberated over and did not disappoint.

I think it's worth saving up for because it will last years - the less popular colours go on sale all the time in the Seafolly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now