Jaeger - what type of figure do they suit?

(14 Posts)
pdxs Thu 24-Sep-15 15:43:48

I saw a recco for workwear on here from Jaeger, and also understood that their sizing was overly generous.... so decided to get ordering. As I take a 14 in Hobbs, I ordered some size 12 dresses but cannot get them over my head!!

Clearly I need a size or 2 bigger... could anyone suggest whether I might need to go for a 14 or 16 (cannot tell from what I have ordered) & if in general Jaeger cuts flatter a bustier/hourglass type figure?

Any other reccos for workwear also gladly received smile

amarmai Thu 24-Sep-15 15:49:05

Their coats are cut generously , the dresses are cut to fit well and accurately. Their clothes are good quality fabric and tailoring =looks good on most figures, def on an hourglass !

pdxs Thu 24-Sep-15 15:58:22

Thank you - this must be wear I was going wrong! I tried on a coat (to lazy to take a dress into JL fitting room) which was enormous so thought I would be fine to size down. I will try again smile

pdxs Thu 24-Sep-15 15:58:51

wear = where, sorry, clearly have clothes on the brain!

lavendersun Thu 24-Sep-15 16:43:16

I buy a lot from Jaegar outlet for work and always find them fairly true to size.

Sometimes their knitted dresses can be quite snug - I had to size up in one I bought last month as it was a bit too snug on the shoulders.

lavendersun Thu 24-Sep-15 16:44:02

Outlet here

www.jaegeroutlet.com

some things are bargainous.

Saurus72 Thu 24-Sep-15 19:13:38

Yes, agree Jaeger suits an hourglass figure. Sizing generally pretty consistent and on the mark, but some occasional things are huge. I agree the outlet is amazing value - I ordered a pair of trousers and a shirt for husband and a cashmere jumper for me and all together it came to £80! Fantastic quality too.

Doobigetta Thu 24-Sep-15 19:29:24

I bought a Jaeger coat from TK maxx today- this one- www.tkmaxx.com/view-all-womenswear/grey-concealed-button-belted-wool-coat/invt/35007234 was v pleased with it as the wool is absolutely gorgeous and it's a massive bargain. Unfortunately it's going to have to go back, as it just doesn't flatter me. I'm basically pear shaped, and it makes me look flat-chested and is too bulky around the waist. Very disappointing. But the bit relevant to OP's question is that I'm generally 10 on top and 12 on the bottom, I bought a 12, and found it fitted perfectly on the hips and shoulders but is much too large on the bust and waist.

Katnipp Thu 24-Sep-15 19:39:58

I'm quite curvy and find both Hobbs and jaeger suit me. Hobbs I generally find generous (I'm a 12 there when I'd say ones really a 14). Jaeger suits / dresses seem a truer size.

Nettletheelf Thu 24-Sep-15 20:06:11

Thanks for the Jaeger outlet tip, Lavender. Two skirts, a top, a twinset and a bag snapped up!

Nettletheelf Thu 24-Sep-15 20:07:49

I'm a straight up and downer so whilst the dresses and coats don't do much for me, I can wear their pencil skirts and tops ok. And their fabrics are always good.

Behooven Thu 24-Sep-15 22:10:09

If you're lucky enough to happen upon Jaeger Boutique items, they are cut to fit more closely. Jaeger is great for shapely women of all sizes especially those with childbearing hips like me and their fabrics are usually great quality.

Behooven Thu 24-Sep-15 22:11:30

I've got loads recently from ebay, brand new, I've never had so many quality clothes smile

pdxs Thu 24-Sep-15 22:14:48

Thanks for all this info, esp Lavendersun & Katnipp! Back off to the outlet I go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now