Nearly 50, short and stout - please help me find smart daywear!

(3 Posts)
CQ Fri 18-Sep-15 10:34:53

I live in jeans and a variety of tops.

Daily life revolves around teenagers, dogs and various volunteer roles for which I do not need to dress up.

But I do occasionally have to look smart, for trustee lunches, work nights out with DH etc

Where should I look for nice stuff that is age appropriate, not too 'office wear' and provides sizes up to 18. I'm happiest in trousers but would wear skirts if I can be convinced they don't make my arse look the size of a planet.

I don't even know where to start or what I should think of buying sad

Any suggestions?

amarmai Fri 18-Sep-15 15:56:22

try pinterest first to get your eye in and find a look you can go for. I am short and plump[and older than you] and agree that skirts are not my best friend. I like tunics and pinafore style dresses that can go over leggings/ skinnies/ tights etc. Many of the well known stores like H&M .M&S, carry bigger sizes -just not in all the locations. I love Jaeger-they have larger sizes on line- but cannot justify the price as i am retired. Actually checking on line makes sense-as stores don't always have the same range. BTW H&M seem to be going into more expensive natural fibres while a lot of other stores seem to be going the other way. Good luck , have fun shopping and creating your new look!

amarmai Fri 18-Sep-15 16:09:28

just to add Dorothy Perkins and Monsoon also do plus sizes-not in all stores so check first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now