I need a uniform,

(5 Posts)
nilbyname Wed 16-Sep-15 21:19:42

I work in schools as an advisor. I need a whole look overhaul as I am almost 40 and look like a scruff.

I was thinking-
Black or charcoal skinny chinos or twill trousers.
Fine gauge crew neck jumper in a variety or colours.
Blazer on top.
With either wedge black shoe boots, or tan Chelsea boots, or black leather heeled ankle boots.
Maybe a couple of grandad collar blouses or long line vest tops to layer underneath.
Couple of chunky necklaces or long strings of beads, or scarves.

I want to get up- put the same thing on everyday and look put together. I don't do smart well. But can't go full suit as I work in reception all the way to y11. I need to be able to move

SavoyCabbage Wed 16-Sep-15 21:30:29

Sounds perfect. Although I wouldn't want to wear a jumper and a blazer inside but the blazer does smarten the whole thing up.????Woolovers might be good for the jumpers.

AngelWings74 Wed 16-Sep-15 21:32:32

Sounds like you have sorted it smile I find having a uniform helps save time. I have numerous skirts which I tend to wear with plain tops and ankle boots. Jazzing it up with scarfs and jewellery if feeling adventurous!

I wish I could wear trousers but have the wrong shape!

nilbyname Wed 16-Sep-15 21:39:36

Ok, thank you!
I get very cold and if in in a primary I have to move bewteen inside and outside spaces and draughty corridors.

I want to look groomed!

overthemill Wed 16-Sep-15 21:43:42

Sounds good to me. A friend who was a single parent retraining to teach just bought black tops and bottoms and wore a white shirt under it and always looked great, professional and authoritative. Everything from the charity shop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now