What footwear with this dress please

(5 Posts)
macnab Mon 14-Sep-15 09:31:14

I know in the picture she's wearing it with black boots. It's quite short (even on me, and I'm a short-arse) so I'm going to wear it with leggings. Would it be ok with black leggings and black boots? Or black leggings and grey boots? Or shoes?? The only black boots I have aren't like those in the pic at all, they are shoe-boots and I usually only wear them for work.

I feel a bit clueless about putting an outfit together, I really do like the dress/tunic but don't want to ruin the look with the footwear.

I should mention that I don't have grey boots, but I reckon I might get wear out of a pair this autumn/winter!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

WicksEnd Mon 14-Sep-15 09:47:40

Hmm.... If the dress is fairly light material, then leggings will look too heavy with it. Tights would be better, but it really looks like a summer dress to me, not something that would work with a legging/boot combo, sorry! Some kind of strappy high heel in black would work.

It is a lovely dress though. for the summer grin

macnab Mon 14-Sep-15 10:31:13

That's ok WicksEnd I had bought it for Summer myself but didn't wear it because its so warm. It's actually quite heavy material, and it's lined (also has a sort of roll-neck) So once you feel it you'd definitely say it's more an autumn/winter dress, even though it's sleeveless.

I really don't want to go bare-armed and bare legged!

amarmai Mon 14-Sep-15 17:28:35

you could put a thin top under it and wear it with leggings/tights and shoebooties/ankle boots. Also could top it with a sleeveless vest jacket . Great dress btw.

Not leggings! Black opaques and black shoe boots would look good. maybe a black blazer over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now