Overnight deep vertical forehead crease - only answer Botox?

(20 Posts)
scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 08:45:35

I'm too young for this!

Practically overnight I have got a single, long, deep frown line in between my eyebrows.

I am the first and only person in my friendship group to get this! Far too young!

I am prepared to Botox it if that's the only route. Is that the only way forward? sad

scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 08:47:30

A fringe doesn't work on me but maybe I can switch to a low side parting and have some hair going across my forehead in the meantime??

scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 08:55:22

Are Frownies any good? Really?!

scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 09:54:38

Anyone?

Blodss Mon 14-Sep-15 09:55:56

How old are you?

Hadron21 Mon 14-Sep-15 09:58:31

No cream will shift it. Get used to it or save up for Botox!

LizardBreath Mon 14-Sep-15 10:00:14

I also have this, and also only one of friends, I look angry! I think Botox may be only way too sad

scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 10:10:10

30 sad

Even with a completely neutral face I look like I'm really annoyed and frowning.

I've always had a sort of indentation there, even in school, then just in photos taken over the past week or two I have realised that BAM! it's just turned into a massive deep frown. It's not even straight but wonky!!!

SlowlyGoingINSAINIA Mon 14-Sep-15 10:23:33

Fillers?

Pupsiecola Mon 14-Sep-15 10:29:13

Odd question but do you wear glasses? I have had a crease ever since I can remember (certainly my early 20s). I think it developed initially because I could get away without my glasses if I just squinted a tiny bit. Do that many many times a day, every day and I believe it can cause this.

Ridingthegravytrain Mon 14-Sep-15 10:29:48

Yes Botox is the only thing. Trust me I tried

ArialBold Mon 14-Sep-15 10:46:59

Botox will eradicate the line completely, but its worth thinking about this longer term.

Things to consider:

You won't be able to frown at all if you have your 'elevenses' done. Some people dont mind that, but I had mine done a few years back and hated the way it changed my face.

You'll have to go back every 3 or 4 months, and its not cheap....^and^, if another line appears somewhere, will you be down that rocky road of getting everything botoxed and filled?

Not against botox at all, its great for some...but I wouldn't rush into it.

Floisme Mon 14-Sep-15 11:20:01

What is this thing about looking angry?

scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 12:37:51

Arial If this had appeared in ten years then fine - that's just life. But I was SO self conscious this weekend because at 30 I am the only one who has it. So no I wouldn't go down the rocky road! I just want to stop it in its tracks and erase it a bit. I would be more than happy not to be able to frown.

OMG Pupsie I just got my first glasses last month! They're for long distance, not computer/reading/tv, more when I'm out and about. Maybe I should wear them all the time?

sad

Iheartjoshcharles Mon 14-Sep-15 12:55:00

Have you been particularly tired or stressed? I got terrible creases during a tough period a couple of years go. I aged dramatically over a few days, including deep frown lines. I looked considerably better a couple of months later. Rest, moisturising and hydration.

DC have generally taken their toll on my face though!

scuzzle Mon 14-Sep-15 13:45:58

Yes, Iheart, especially so in the last couple of months for various reasons. Terrible sleep pattern too. So that is very interesting... can it really be reversible though, I wonder! Were yours very obvious too?

nicknamenoname Mon 14-Sep-15 13:59:23

As you mention this happened "overnight", do you sleep on your side? If so, gravity can do weird things to your skin. I've found a silk pillowcase helps avoid facial creases. They are expensive, but I imagine they are cheaper than regular Botox!

DoloresLandingham Mon 14-Sep-15 17:39:22

I had quite pronounced 'elevens' (I'm 32) but wearing my glasses every day has softened them considerably. I'd try this before committing to Botox.

Iheartjoshcharles Mon 14-Sep-15 19:43:56

They were very very obvious and have definitely improved in time. Maybe tiredness and stress were causing me to tense/frown permanently. Probably the same effect as straining due to eyesight probs. That def sounds worth considering. I think the drinking water, better sleep and skin routine have helped a bit.

Sorting out stress/sleeplessness isn't easy, i hope that improves for you. I had help from the GP including very short term medication that got me into a sleep routine. Not necessarily suitable or necessary for everyone i know but maybe something to think about. And the classic bubble bath, winding down etc really does help.

You sound a bit like I felt.
I'm generally at ease with aging and hate age-defying products but I felt like I looked suddenly haggard at that time. Fancy face cream etc helped me feel a little pampered. Try giving yourself a little care all round - and wearing your glasses more.

Pupsiecola Mon 14-Sep-15 21:13:10

On the stress issue, for the last year I've been walking 10,000 steps a day, sometimes more (25,000 today!). Leisure walking, not marching. Have to say it is the best stress reliever :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now