Parlux hairdryer - which one?

(17 Posts)
wickedfairy Wed 09-Sep-15 21:53:30

There have been numerous reviews of parlux hairdryer a on here over the years and now my babyliss one is on its way out, I am considering investing in one!

Who has one?
What do you think of it?
What model?
Where did you buy it?

I am m'dear the impression they are expensive, but if they last and do a great job, then I may get one! Would appreciate your input ladies - thanks in advancesmile

wickedfairy Wed 09-Sep-15 21:54:06

M'dear = under. Apologies....

wickedfairy Wed 09-Sep-15 22:12:34

I have fine, longish hair - if that makes a difference. I have read some reviews that say the ceramic ion technology isn't the best for fine hair....

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 10-Sep-15 08:19:37

I've got a 3800 which im happy with.

Lynne2015 Thu 10-Sep-15 08:39:08

A also have the 3800 one and its brilliant

BumbleNova Thu 10-Sep-15 09:31:55

I have the 3200 compact. its awsome. I've had it four years and its still as if new.

I have shoulder length very fine hair and its fab. great for adding volume and its really quick to try my hair.

GoooRooo Thu 10-Sep-15 09:37:01

I've the 3200 compact too and I love it. Mine is very long, very thick hair which used to take ages to dry but this gets through it in half the time.

Can't remember where I bought it - probably Amazon.

bonzo77 Thu 10-Sep-15 09:40:26

3800 Eco.
From Amazon.
It's a bit heavy and a bit hot. My hair is fine but lots of it, but only chin length. It is also (naturally) white. And believe me, the scorch marks show!! Be careful. I'd probably get something less powerful for fine hair.

wickedfairy Thu 10-Sep-15 12:02:36

Thanks all! The compact 3200 is looking promising. Does the versions you have, have the ceramic ion tech?? I think there is a version with and without.

I read somewhere that the ions are good for preventing frizz (which I need!) but also not great for fine hair. What do you think? It's an expensive dryer, so I want to buy the best one for my hair type too - thanks!

GoooRooo Thu 10-Sep-15 13:03:07

Yes I have the ceramic ion tech. I don't know if it does much - I still have to straighten my hair afterwards, but maybe I'm just shit at blow drying!

I have the frizz problem too.

Zame Thu 10-Sep-15 16:07:23

Can you really tell the difference between a parlux and another less expensive hairdryer?

noisytoys Thu 10-Sep-15 16:14:08

I have a Parlux 385 Powerlight. It is amazing and I can definitely tell the difference between that and its predecessor. The Remmingon made my hair huge and frizzy and took forever to dry. It's like saying can you tell the difference between a Dyson Airblade and one of them really old hand dryers.

ludovica Thu 10-Sep-15 16:17:51

I am fancying a parlux but I don't know if it would be worth it for me because I have never actually styled my hair in my life. I just want to blast it dry as quickly as possible. I don't use a brush to do a "blow dry". Would a parlux be any better for this?

2legit2knit Thu 10-Sep-15 16:44:07

I don't think there is a massive difference between my Parlux and the Remington one I had before, but I'm hoping the Parlux will last a long time

BumbleNova Thu 10-Sep-15 17:33:38

I second the fact there is a real difference. my hair looks crap if I ever use another dryer. Ludovica I also do not do a blow dry with a brush, I tip my head upside down and blast. 2mins later my hair is dry.

Zame Thu 10-Sep-15 18:04:06

They sound great, very tempting

wickedfairy Fri 11-Sep-15 22:10:22

Well, I have ordered the 3200 compact (without ion technology). I read a few reviews from people with fine hair ( like me) that said the ion thing left their hair flat.

I shall update once it's here - am hoping it will be fabulous!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now