I need a new purse, recommendations please

(13 Posts)
Dancergirl Wed 09-Sep-15 10:16:57

Preferably not too big and clumpy but I do have a LOT of cards so I need lots of slots for those.

biscuitkumquat Wed 09-Sep-15 10:32:02

Don't know if this will help, but I have LOTS of cards, so I got a standard purse, and keep my bank cards & Nectar card in it, but have the attached for all of my other cards (that I don't use every day). (I picked it up from Debenhams)

It just means that if I'm just popping out, I can just grab my purse & it's not too heavy.

Made my life a wee bit easier.

Dancergirl Wed 09-Sep-15 12:44:30

I did think about that but would prefer just one purse for everything ideally.

HedgieRobin Wed 09-Sep-15 12:51:18

Budget? Style?

Dancergirl Wed 09-Sep-15 13:04:33

Budget - not really sure, maybe ??100...?

I like a classic style, neat looking

Sgtmajormummy Wed 09-Sep-15 13:26:48

I'm a convert to the long style flap over purse after 20 years of ladies' wallets. I fumble less and with the inner zip coins stay safe. Mine is a Samsonite leather model with space in different places for about 20 credit cards and loads of long pockets. It may be a bit "clutch bag" style for you, but I definitely recommend it. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Sgtmajormummy Wed 09-Sep-15 13:39:34

This sort of thing. Mine was about ??70 five years ago.

margaritasbythesea Wed 09-Sep-15 14:43:30

I can recommend that you do NOT buy one from Sadler or from Osprey out of TK Maxx. Grrr. I did and they are both rubbish for different reasons.

The last one I had that lasted was a leather one that cost about ??10 from Marks. That was about 13 years ago. It lasted me about 10 years and still looked great when I decided I wanted a change. Silly woman. Both the others were more expensive and lasted about 18 months each. I don't know what the quality would be like now.

Watching the thread with interest.

LemonBreeland Wed 09-Sep-15 14:44:25

I have a Cath Kidston oilcloth one and it is very sturdy and has lasted well.

Dancergirl Wed 09-Sep-15 14:46:25

Not keen on Cath Kidston, sorry. Would prefer leather.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 09-Sep-15 14:47:18

I have one similar to THIS and it works for me.
Lots of card slot places and many other bits for everything!

iwantavuvezela Wed 09-Sep-15 14:52:04

Have a look at the And Mary website, really fabulous leather wallets. They are around ??50. I am on my second one and always get positive comments on them. They send them beautifully wrapped as well!

QforCucumber Wed 09-Sep-15 14:53:46

I have just recently got a michael Kors leather one form their outlet store in York - was reduced from ??90 to ??50, keeps all my cards in and I love it!

same as this but mine is green.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now