Capsule wardrobe refresh...what else?

(4 Posts)
Methemummy Tue 08-Sep-15 17:15:50

I am currently getting my A/W wardrobe in order but I am now a bit stuck, can anyone give me some ideas as to what else they would add.

For your info I am 5ft 5, size 16. Work in a smart casual office where jeans are acceptable so generally just have one wardrobe to cover every thing.

I am lost as to how to update this list. I have on order a pale blue and white shirts for layering and wearing on own.

In my wardrobe I have:

1pair black court shoes
1 pair black wedge boots
1 pair brown mid calf boots flay
1 pair of dark blue skinny fit jeans
1 pair of black straight leg jeans/trousers
1 pair of dark blue boot cut jeans
Grey v neck jumper
Dark red round neck jumper
Navy smart skater style dress (can be dressed up or down)
Grey and white slouchy jumper
5/6 short sleeved work tops, mainly in shades of white, red, navy
Few scarfs and bags
Black cardigan
Black and white blazer
Vest tops,hundreds.
Navy coat

I know I need a jacket and thinking about a shawl type thing. But any other suggestions?

Gillybobs Tue 08-Sep-15 17:39:08

Smart casual tops, something you'd wear with jeans to go for a nice lunch? I'm a 16 too and find blouse type tops more flattering than t shirts or jersey tops, they look nice dressed down with heels and nice flat shoes. Maybe leopard print or metallic flats or similar would be a good addition to the list?
Also I couldn't live without a few Breton stripe tops in my wardrobe. Nice with a longline cardi when it's colder.

There's not much colour on your list, maybe pick an accent colour and get some bits and pieces to brighten all the basics up?

Hardly groundbreaking stuff I know

Methemummy Tue 08-Sep-15 19:50:19

Thanks for that, found a whole load of blouses that I packed away last year so fine for those.

I don't really tend to have much colour in my wardrobe, usually just accessorize with coloured scarfs and chunky jewellery. Definately something to consider as I feel like I am missing something.

I never get on with the betton tops, they always loose their shape quickly I find but i do like them. Any reccomendations where to buy them?

Gillybobs Tue 08-Sep-15 20:01:28

I Need my stripes to be a bit loose around the middle, otherwise it's just not flattering. Currently loving the envelope neck stripe top from Boden, really thick fabric, long length and not at all clingy. I also have an older stripe top from Mint Velvet which is fab as it's sort of batwing shaped so plenty of room. Just my own opinion but I think you need to be very trim to get away with the normal short, tight stripey Bretons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now