Can you help me find a hair brush please?

(8 Posts)
LogonMounstuart Thu 03-Sep-15 11:21:51

To blow dry my hair to best effect I need a large barrelled round brush.

What I really want is a large round brush with bristles like those on a paddle brush but this doesn't seem to exist?

A ceramic radial brush is ok but the bristles are a bit too fine so my hair slips out.

I bought the Lee Stafford ball brush but it's too small- right bristles though!
I bought a large Mark Hill round brush but it broke on first use (total rubbish) and the bristles made my hair fluffy.
I am wasting a fortune does anyone know of a brush with bristles like a paddle brush but in the form of a large round brush? I have tried everywhere on the high street including Sally.

Thanks in advance.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 03-Sep-15 14:51:11

Have you tried a babyliss big hair?
Not too expensive and a fabulous finish.
Boot link
Amazon

LogonMounstuart Thu 03-Sep-15 15:00:35

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have a BBH but my hair is really fine so it drops quickly.

RavioliOnToast Thu 03-Sep-15 20:49:00

Something like this ?

DarylDixonsDarlin Thu 03-Sep-15 20:57:57

I have one I bought off ebay, I'm not sure if its the kind you mean, but it works fabulously on my fine hair. I'll try to find a link in a sec.

DarylDixonsDarlin Thu 03-Sep-15 21:26:00

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kobe-Ionic-Dual-Bristle-Brushes-Ceramic-Boar-Nylon-4-Sizes-or-Set-of-4-/121475608181?nav=SEARCH&varId=420413385785

This is the one I have, I've got the 42 or 43mm one and it really keeps hold of my hair well, certainly long enough to direct my hair dryer onto each bit of hair, as I sort of curl the bottom under on my current style.

LogonMounstuart Thu 03-Sep-15 22:03:23

Thank you both. I had discounted those on account of the boar bristle/ nylon as I was rather hoping for a plastic bristle, but it sounds like they work well on your style Daryl which is how I wish my hair was! So I may give the eBay one a go- it's a great size and not an easy one to find- thank you

DarylDixonsDarlin Thu 03-Sep-15 23:31:11

You're very welcome smile I tried some other radial ones with plastic bristles (which have a tiny bobble of plastic on the end) I found because my hair was so fine, the brush wouldn't grip it - the bristles were too far apart with nothing in between. And I thought smaller was better for my shorter hair, until I tried the big one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now