Eyebrows- Trim or not?

(15 Posts)
AlisonWunderland Sun 23-Aug-15 18:39:27

Somehow the genetic instructions for my eyelashes and eyebrows got mixed up...

I have very straight eyelashes, not very short, but they have zero curl to make little impact.

But my eyebrows!
Left to their own devices they would be thick and luxuriant with weird kinks here and there.
Sadly not so much Cara Delevingne, more Noel Gallagher.

But they are so long, 2 cm minimum when they let rip.

They can be a good shape when plucked (not too thin) but they stick out, even with a dab of hair gel on them.

My DP whacks the ends of his with the razor when his get too wild.
Should I trim mine?

LynetteScavo Sun 23-Aug-15 18:43:35

I think you're supposed to bush them upwards, then trim...so yes. I don't need to do mine, but have seen demo's...but can't think where now, so it must be pretty "normal".

Or you could just get them sorted at a beauty salon, threaded 'n all.

AlisonWunderland Sun 23-Aug-15 19:12:07

I do pluck them myself, but I'm terrified of going to a Brow Bar in case they try to give me HD brows which would make me look like an aging harridan. (I'm not young...)

Northumberlandlass Sun 23-Aug-15 19:13:49

I trim mine because I'm at an age when left unattended they could rival Denis Healey's!

fastdaytears Sun 23-Aug-15 19:14:29

I have to trim mine or they would look completely ridiculous. But yes, my eyelashes are stumpy and rubbish!
I do the brushing up thing then cut with nail scissors (if I can find them...otherwise whatever is hanging around near the mirror)

fredandme123 Sun 23-Aug-15 19:15:18

Find a salon doing HD brows to get them to a really good starting point and then maintain yourself if £30 a month for brows is too much for your budget. They sell little mini brow scissors which would be a good idea for trimming yourself!

lucysmam Sun 23-Aug-15 19:34:41

I trim mine. I have a pair of dinky scissors I bought from The Body Shop years ago. They live in my make up case so I don't lose them smile

godsavethequeeeen Sun 23-Aug-15 19:46:53

yes to trimming and careful plucking in full daylight with a magnifying mirror.

never go to a brow bar, you might end up with sperm brows!

NorbertDentressangle Sun 23-Aug-15 19:51:55

Mine have started getting a little unruly but only on one side hmm.

They are very dark and quite long but used to follow a line IYSWIM but the unruly ones have developed a kink which means they go above the line.

I'm tempted to get mine threaded to get a good starting point but am scared shitless I'll come out with something scary or scant!

lucysmam Sun 23-Aug-15 20:16:23

Norbert, I had mine threaded a while ago after spending months growing back the bits I'd overplucked as a teenager who knew best grin . I ended up with less than when I overdid it all those years ago (ok, not that many years, but enough!) so looked up a video on youtube & have plucked/trimmed them myself ever since.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 23-Aug-15 20:26:53

yep, that's what I'm scared of!

Also the thought of them going to town on the rest of my peri-menopausal face. Ouch! shock

godsavethequeeeen Sun 23-Aug-15 20:32:37

can you imagine that in one of those public threading stalls shock .

no thank you. All my depilation is done in the privacy of my bathroom.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 23-Aug-15 20:39:54

I know!

Why on earth have all these places sprung up in busy department stores, shopping centres, station concourses etc with no privacy whatsoever?

Surely they't triple their income if it all took place behind closed doors?!

itsbetterthanabox Mon 24-Aug-15 14:28:59

Go get them threaded or waxed and they will trim them too.
You won't get the strong HD look without tint so don't have them tinted just ask for a tidy up keeping the natural shape and trim.

dementedpixie Mon 24-Aug-15 14:32:21

You can get them waxed and tinted without it being HD. I get mine waxed and tinted for £10 at a local salon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now