Makeup restock

(13 Posts)
Hezaire Thu 20-Aug-15 21:32:29

I've had some of my make up a horrifying long amount of time.

Need to restock.

Mix of high street and Mac/Clinique/ bobbi brown type.

Don't want to spend a fortune. So for example going to get collection 2000 eyeliner as I've heard it's good.

Any recommendations?

Hezaire Thu 20-Aug-15 22:45:55

Anyone? grin

Dukketeater Fri 21-Aug-15 19:20:57

For what make-up though? Could make loads of recommendations but what do you need? X

If I was starting from scratch, the first thing I'd buy is the Urban Decay Naked basics palette. Benefit Rollerlash mascara is v good. I'm currently liking the No 7 foundation compact and their eyeliners. MUA for cheap lipsticks.

Hezaire Fri 21-Aug-15 20:11:17

Hmmm. My skin is ok and I'm happy with tinted moisturiser from Clinique.

What do I need....
Eye shadow, liner, mascara
Not a lip person really but Mua at a pound I don't suppose you can go wrong there

andthe Fri 21-Aug-15 20:15:37

Benefit mascara. I switched to Lancome recently and it's hopeless, constant smudges.

I was going to recommend Face Atelier if you needed foundation as it's brilliant but I see you don't need it.

Chanel loose face powder, I used Clinique for years and the Chanel is miles better.

Smashbox primer, MAC or Nars eyeshadow (I have a black Nars eyeshadow which I use wet with a brush for flicky eyeliner.

Eyeshadow - deffo Urban Decay.
Eyeliners - Clinique are good but, as below, am currently liking the No 7 ones and much cheaper than Clinique.

mowglik Sat 22-Aug-15 13:43:00

For eyeshadows I would get a good eye primer (urban decay primer potion) and then an eyeshadow palette from urban decay or similar.

Eyeliner - MAC PowerPoint lasts ages on me, doesn't smudge and is very black. Urban decay 24/7 is another excellent one and comes in lovely bright colours too

Mascara - I've thrown out all my old mid and high end mascaras and replaced with no 17 HD falsifye mascara, best I've ever used and nice and cheap at £6.99

I would also find a suitable bronzer and highlighter if you are likely to use them - MUA do good range of them and are quite pigmented and not spendy at all

Hezaire Sat 22-Aug-15 17:42:35

Thanks all so I went shopping today.

Got urban decay palette nude 3 I think

Eye zings from benefit

Some cheap Mua lipsticks

Collection 2000 liner

Mascara just another high street one

Do I need primer?????

BumWad Sat 22-Aug-15 19:07:07

My holy grail product is Nars creamy concealer for under the eyes. It's really amazing. They do a good blush too.

CockwombleJeff Sat 22-Aug-15 19:27:38

Yes Hez you neeeeeed primersmile.

I second Smashbox primer.

Glad you've stocked up with other treats!

Hezaire Sat 22-Aug-15 20:01:45

Argh. Did primer even exist 5 years ago? How have I never heard of this. Just noticed the free primer samples in my urban decay box so not that annoyed!

andthe Sun 23-Aug-15 00:28:27

I had never heard of primer till Mumsnet. Tried it, utterly sold on it. You just get a smoother base for foundation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now