Business wear for the larger woman...

(7 Posts)
TallylynLake Wed 19-Aug-15 14:10:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RachelZoe Wed 19-Aug-15 14:31:16

My SIL is bigger and she gets most of her clothes, smart and otherwise from ASOS curve and H&M plus. Both of them are online only but she always looks very nice! She also gets quite a lot in Primark. Her trick is to wear very basic things that fit and then top up with non size dependent accessories.

blodynmawr Wed 19-Aug-15 15:37:20

Phase Eight and Boden for dresses - I am the same size as you OP and whilst large of nork I don't like billowy skirts (as they are not flattering) so mainly get size 16 dresses in stretchy viscose materials. I wear with cashmere cardigans from M&S or Boden (which last years).
Boden wool work trousers also good, which again last me many years, as are their Chelsea turn ups.
Agree M&S Autograph and John Lewis good for tailoring, some bits from Next and Monsoon too.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 19-Aug-15 15:57:02

ASOS curvy range
Also Roman Originals. They have shops and are on line.
this sort of thing is very flattering

iseenodust Wed 19-Aug-15 16:12:07

I am the same size as you and 5'4. For work I look best in below knee fitted shift dresses or straight skirt with a fairly fitted jacket. Best hunting grounds are M&S, Jaeger boutique line from outlet store, Laura Ashley (it's not all flowery these days) & tops from TKMaxx. I hate clingy viscose/polyester so tend to go for wool/linen/cotton bottom halves.

TallylynLake Wed 19-Aug-15 16:39:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RandomFriend Wed 19-Aug-15 16:41:17

I have a number of Jacques Vert outfits that are suitable for office wear. The matching skirts and tops, together with a jacket, can look very elegant and some of the colours are suitable as workwear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now