Best toiletry & beauty buys for under £5

(16 Posts)
ifonly4 Mon 17-Aug-15 09:54:04

What can you recommend for under £5. I've been trying some cheaper options recently as our disposable income will soon lessen so interested.

I'm a big Herbal Essences fan which I buy on offer for £1.89, but have tried Alberto Balsam (4 for £3 in Tescos) and Tresemme (£2.15 in Savers) both of which seem to be good

Nivea rich moisturising day cream - seems to suit my skin and I love the smell - Tescos often sell for £1.95, but think retails for approx. £4

Dove intensive hand cream - tried this last winter and it's the first year I didn't get chapped hands - just bought for £1.49 in Savers.

Nivea Express Hydration body lotion - keeps my body moisturized and is non greasy - approx. £3.50 but again often on offer

loveliesbleeding1 Mon 17-Aug-15 10:11:07

I was told on another thread about wilko toner water, it is fabulous, not drying at all. 95p.
Exfoliating gloves from poundland/poundworld(the nearest town has both).
body shop vanilla brulee or papaya body butter, I only buy these when there is a super duper sale on and the price goes down to about £4.80, with free delivery when you spend ten pounds.
Superdug self heating exfoliating face masks are really good and are 99p.
I have 2 teen dds so we get through a lot of beauty bits and bobs.

loveliesbleeding1 Mon 17-Aug-15 10:12:58

Oh and maybelline baby lips is £3(wilkinsons),and is really moisturising.

CointreauVersial Mon 17-Aug-15 17:15:03

Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Makeup Remover Gel.

Brilliant stuff, cheap as anything and lasts forever.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 17-Aug-15 20:05:08

suoerdrug own brand shampoo and conditioner in the pantene-like bottles

and their hairdye usually 2 for £6

Flambola Mon 17-Aug-15 21:26:45

The Boots pink curl creme. I've only just discovered this but it's fab! I also like their coconut shampoo.

BeautifulBatman Mon 17-Aug-15 21:28:07

Superdrug naturally radiant skincare range.

QuiteLikely5 Mon 17-Aug-15 21:31:04

Huggies baby wipes. I've got super sensitive skin and they remove my mascara like nothing else has. £1

QuiteLikely5 Mon 17-Aug-15 21:32:00

(without any reaction to my skin)

0pheliaBalls Mon 17-Aug-15 22:35:04

Garnier Micellar Water. It comes in a huge 400ml bottle which lasts me 3 months and is always on offer somewhere. The last bottle I bought was £2.66 from Tesco, but if you have a Savers near you it's £2.99 all the time. Even full price its £4.50 and it's the best thing I've ever used on my skin - I've had spots and blocked pores all my life but my skin has cleared right up since I started using it.

Tressemme shampoos and conditioners - 900ml bottles which last forever and again, are always on offer for a couple of quid, bit still under a fiver full price. My hair's never looked or felt better.

If you have a Lidl near you their 79p handcreams are fabulous, especially the anti-ageing one.

Pound shops are AMAZING for makeup - I've had Hard Candy, Sally Hansen, OPI, Calvin Klein, Revlon, Maybelline, L'oreal etc stuff from there. Also Nice n'Easy hair dye - I bought 24 of my favourite shade which worked out the same price as 3 packs from Boots!

Boots Natural Collection makeup - their lash lengthening mascara and eye-shadow in Willow have been staples of mine for years, and all their products are £1.99. Often on 3 for £5 or three for two, too.

starfish4 Tue 18-Aug-15 09:46:31

I read recently that Malibu suncream out performed Piz Bruin recently. DH has been using Malibu for years as it's cheap and he likes it - saw some in Superdrug around the £3.60 mark yesterday.

Tigerblue Wed 19-Aug-15 10:45:18

M&S do some handcream in what you could call their essentials range - only £1. Not sure how it would cope with chapped winter hands, but certainly okay at the moment.

I say these on every one of these threads, so I might as well say them again!

MUA lipstick in Shade 11 - gorgeous and is a pound.

Superdrug Natural Radiance range, especially the overnight glycolic thing.

Radox bubble baths

This handcream is £6 iirc but is absolutely brilliant.

RachelZoe Wed 19-Aug-15 16:29:20

Dove Beauty Bar as a face wash, 4 for £2.69 at boots.

Madmog Thu 20-Aug-15 10:21:38

We all love Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioner (mostly use the ones in red and a golden packaging). I always buy them when their on offer, usually in Tescos for around £1.87.

ifonly4 Mon 07-Sep-15 14:16:24

Thanks for your replies everyone. I've made a note of all of them and will look at them individually as and when I need things. I'm particularly interested in the Superdrug Naturally Radiant range as a couple of you have recommended that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now