too frumpy

(10 Posts)
nooddsocksforme Sat 15-Aug-15 19:01:04

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/stone-sequin-layer-tee/tops/mint-v/fcp-product/5474?gclid=CKXHxuzTq8cCFQLMtAodbNIPIA
I posted a link to this t-shirt from mint velvet on another thread about a night out in London and it clearly was felt to be wrong. I live in a much less sophisticated part of the country and have loads of folk coming over next weekend. Will wear jeans as its in the house but would like a dressier top . I did have this but took it back after the other post. however i havnt found anything else I like so have sent for it again. Is it awful and if so what else can I wear with navy or grey jeans

Twinkie1 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:04:43

I really like it. I'd wear it with grey jeans.

foolmadammas Sat 15-Aug-15 19:07:15

I like it, I have one very similar, and wouldn't have considered myself frumpy when wearing it :-(

Honestly, I don't live in London and I would happily wear this at the kind of occasion you suggest.

Deeznutz Sat 15-Aug-15 19:20:11

I think this is lovely and would work with jeans.

Mimigolightly Sat 15-Aug-15 19:26:13

I think it's lovely - in fact I may just buy it too. Everywhere is so casual these days - even going to the theatre, etc. I think you should go for it.

PuppyMouse Sat 15-Aug-15 19:28:05

Who on earth said this was frumpy? I think it's lovely confused

Happy36 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:35:07

How old are you? I think it's fine, but I don't like the trousers and shoes they have matched it with in the photograph.

itsaldramarama Sat 15-Aug-15 20:19:21

Can't see no frump ! I think it's lovely and will suit the occasion smile

nannyplumislostinspace Sat 15-Aug-15 20:23:32

I think it's lovely. Not frumpy at all!

nooddsocksforme Sat 15-Aug-15 20:30:21

thanks everyone -feel much better about it now. TBF they said it wasnt suitable for the occasion (a night out in London) as it was too dressy and I was prob being oversensitive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now