What's the verdict on tm lewin for women?

(8 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Thu 13-Aug-15 18:25:11

We went in there today and bought some very expensive suits for dh and I was quite drawn to one or two of the women's items - a navy dress for example and not too expensive at all.

I've never been in before or really heard of it

What is the verdict?

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 13-Aug-15 18:26:27

I like TM Lewin.

Nice quality, good designs, wash and wear well.

trilbydoll Thu 13-Aug-15 18:28:16

I like it, don't need to be that smart any more though. Shirts need ironing, I used to beg DH to do them for me!

foxinsocks Thu 13-Aug-15 18:29:54

I find their sizing a bit odd

I have some shirts that fit me perfectly and some that are massive. I have one jersey from there which is tiny. I think you need to try everything on that you want to buy

foxinsocks Thu 13-Aug-15 18:31:13

I walked past Reiss a week ago and they had some lovely (women's) suits in their window. Classic lines and colours. The shirts at TM Lewin are good quality I find. I haven't had one fray or have a button drop off yet.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Thu 13-Aug-15 18:42:52

TM Lewin sizing is really odd. I like it conceptually but have bought and sent back a lot because it doesn't fit me - gaping shirts, too much room around the waist, not enough room around the hips etc (bearing in mind that brands like Hobbs usually fit me for similar tailoring). I think if you were more apple shaped with narrow shoulders it would be better.

MotherOfMinions Thu 13-Aug-15 18:57:52

Good quality but try before you buy!

HermioneWeasley Thu 13-Aug-15 19:30:51

I've got a lovely suit from there - years on it still looks like new

For shirts, I prefer Hawes and Curtis

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now