Can I have red hair with a "rosy" complexion?

(12 Posts)
FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 12-Aug-15 16:21:21

I have a regular semi permanent colour every six weeks to colour the greys. It's brown. Like my normal hair colour but richer.
I want to do something "different" when I go this Saturday. I don't really want to go permanent and can't afford highlights so I was wondering about mixing it up and going red, but not a coppery red.
My slight concern is that as my cheeks are on the "rosy" side of things whether I'll end up looking like a cherry. Has anyone with a pale but rosy complexion had success with red hair colour and, if so, what type of red please?

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 12-Aug-15 17:32:32

Bumping for any wise words, unless it's such a crazy idea that there are no wise words to be had!

DeathstarDame Wed 12-Aug-15 17:35:54

I'm of pale complexion but have quite rosy cheeks and have been dying my hair auburn permanently for the last 3 years. I think it's look pretty good! I've never felt that it doesn't work because of my rosiness grin

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 12-Aug-15 17:55:13

Ok that's hopeful thanks. By auburn do you mean a browny red?

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 12-Aug-15 20:15:16

Any other experiences/comments?
I'm risk averse generally but I'm on a diet and have lost a stone and am feeling like I want to mix things up a bit. But I've got to decide by Saturdays appointment!

DeathstarDame Wed 12-Aug-15 20:32:31

This is the colour I have at the moment, it's lighter than my usual choice but not as bright as the box as my hair isn't very light
http://www.alldaypharmacy.co.uk/productimage.php?product_id=2403&current_image=

DeathstarDame Wed 12-Aug-15 20:34:04

It is a browny red on my hair smile

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 15-Aug-15 13:03:05

Well I bit the bullet and went for a cool red this morning and...

I love it!
Thanks for the help Deathstar

MagalyMaman Sat 15-Aug-15 16:44:27

yes, ask for copper gold tones.

MagalyMaman Sat 15-Aug-15 16:45:05

Glad you like it! apologies for posting without reading tft

DeathstarDame Sat 15-Aug-15 20:32:36

So pleased you love it, Flop! ��

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 16-Aug-15 00:13:04

No problem magaly we've all done it!

Now I just need to take care of the colour, the colourist warned me of colour seeping into pillowcases - after the dye had been applied! Don't think DH will be impressed with me suggesting a whole new bedding set to hide hair dye marks that may appear on pillowcases! Hopefully it won't be quite that bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now