age spot creams that work?

(5 Posts)
chickpiece38 Sun 09-Aug-15 14:56:43

despite never tanning my face, I have just noticed a pale age spot beside my left eye. can anyone recommend an affordable and reliable cream to reduce its appearance and possibly prevent more? I'm not expecting miracles!! many thanks.

FranBrodie Sun 09-Aug-15 15:09:52

I've just bought some Nip + Fab glycolic acid pads but they're not generating instant results sadgrin. I've heard that isotretinoin/tretinoin/retinA creams are what we need, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Am sure I saw something in one of those tiny catalogues (with the incontinence pants etc!) but can't find it now.. so, following!

pockledigg Sun 09-Aug-15 20:38:58

I've been doing Retina A for four weeks now, can't say I've noticed any difference yet but it's early days and I'm on the lowest strength. Ordered some hydroquinone as that's meant to be good , but not arrived yet.

bigbuttons Sun 09-Aug-15 20:41:46

Products with Kojic acid are are more specific for lightening spots. Look some up on Amazon smile

chickpiece38 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:46:45

thanks for the tips folks. they all sound quite sciencey but I've a friend who works for Vichy and another who owns a health food shop so I'll see if they have anything good. going for a facial on Friday but they always try to flog you the products they stock in the salon. Amazon reviews might be a good place to start. thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now