I want a new coat but have no idea what styles are current atm.

(11 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 09-Aug-15 13:35:41

Any chance of a few decent links to get me started? smile

lucysmam Sun 09-Aug-15 17:10:03

bump smile

What sort of coat? Give us something to go on!

Autumn jacket? Raincoat? Big Winter coat?

lucysmam Sun 09-Aug-15 17:37:53

Urm, I hadn't really thought about it!

Smart winter coat I think, if that helps? & I like colours rather than black.

I have a jacket that will be ok for autumn but no smart coat.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 09-Aug-15 21:25:35

Last year I bought a Matalan boyfriend coat (but it wasn't cold enough for me to wear) so unworn as yet.

I bought DD a Matalan navy parka which she loves and they are in the shops again this year (though I don't think they ever go out of fashion). I prefer the khaki, but she got the navy for school.

If you want something online, QVC do loads of Centigrade (usually down filled/fibre filled ) their own brand. I've had a few, I get bored of them before they wear out.
They do Dennis Basso too if you Like That Sort Of Thing......................(faux fur. He's a furrier by trade)

This year , there's a thing for blazers, soft jersey type , but they don't suit me . I'm going to try a Boyfriend Blazer, longer and less fitted. Might be ok, might be yuk

Primark had some really nice ,simple camel 'wool' coats, hidden press studs not buttons about £28. I had to try a 12 (I'm a 16) to find one that vaguely fit but even that felt baggy.

And some sheepskin type or fluffy white coats but that's a "No" fro me.

lucysmam Sun 09-Aug-15 21:37:00

Oooh, I had a fab blazer years ago, no idea what happened to that! I'll have a look for one, see what I can find.

I don't fancy a parka, or furry, or fluffy I don't think but I'll have a bit of a google and see.

It's probably a bit early to be thinking about a proper winter coat. Love this Hobbs jacket if you happen to be a 14.

And this winter coat looks rather lovely.

lucysmam Sun 09-Aug-15 21:57:16

Ah, no. Am an 8/10 sad . That jacket's really nice as well!

I shall hold off on coat hunting for now if it's too early; it's been a long time since I paid attention to these things; and maybe get a new jacket or blazer for the moment.

Millymollymama Sun 09-Aug-15 22:34:14

Double breasted navy pea coat - you can't go wrong. Wrap camel coat likewise. Red is the colour for winter or grey with red accessories.

lucysmam Sun 09-Aug-15 22:43:25

I had to google what a peacoat is! blush I like this one from Google images so will have to see if I can hunt something similar down.

Red is definitely better than navy or grey!

Thanks very much for the help! I know what I'm looking for now, I think smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now