Oily skin 38 year old

(6 Posts)
Smashingpumpkins78 Sun 09-Aug-15 07:22:29

Hi, am 38 and still have oily skin, no spots but large pores and getting wrinkles�� I was using dermalogica for years but guess my skin just got used to it. Changed to all Liz Earle products which has made it worse. Any budget ideas?

Fairylea Sun 09-Aug-15 07:33:27

I'm 35 and have very oily skin. I've tried everything from Clinique and chanel to lush - I spent 15 years working for clinique ! I have now settled on using Johnson wipes blue pack to remove make up (despite being for dry skin they seem to work really well to completely clear my skin) and I then use Garnier deep pore wash in the blue tube for about £3. A couple of times a week in use the St Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate and for moisturiser I use very cheap Olay in the original pink bottle. I use city block from Clinique on top for spf protection. I don't put any moisturiser on my skin at night to let it breathe, I don't get as many spots etc that way.

Been doing the above routine for about 6 years or so now and my skins the best it's ever been. . Touch wood!

Smashingpumpkins78 Sun 09-Aug-15 07:36:59

Thanks Fairylea, will give it a go xx

HexBramble Sun 09-Aug-15 07:37:08

Le Roche Possay range for oily skin works well for me. Sometimes it's 3 for 2 in Boots so not too pricey.

Smashingpumpkins78 Sun 09-Aug-15 07:43:09

Hexbramble My DD uses the effaclar range for acne. Is this for oily skin too?

HexBramble Sun 09-Aug-15 15:14:27

Hi Smashing - I'm prone to t-zone oilyness and cystic spots around my neck and jawline around my cycle. LRP has really helped with this. I use their foaming facial wash, toner and moisturiser. If you search LRP on this board you'll see a few others that it's helped smile

Cutting down on sugar really helps me too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now