Fancy headbands, how the Jeff do you put them on without disrupting your hair?!

(9 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 07-Aug-15 16:55:08

It's one of them ones in a full circle iyswim? I can't get my hair to do what I want when I try and put it on my head confused sad

cardoon Fri 07-Aug-15 17:05:01

Place it round your neck before you prepare your hair?

lucysmam Fri 07-Aug-15 17:07:59

I tried that, I end up with funny sticky-uppy bits of hair hmm

I'll practise in front of the mirror later on!

pumapants Fri 07-Aug-15 17:23:59

What hairstyle are you trying to get? Are you putting your hair up and then wanting it to keep fringe out of face...?

lucysmam Fri 07-Aug-15 18:19:19

I want to put it on, and then pull the sweepy bit of my fringe forwards iyswim? But I end up with funny, loopy sticky-uppy bits & bits poking out beside my ears grin Sounds fabulous!

My plan is to curl my hair (if I can manage it!) but leave the fringe straight & use the band to hold the curls off my face.

I'll practise in front of the mirror tomorrow - hopefully I'll have managed to curl my hair & I might work out a way to do it.

RavioliOnToast Sat 08-Aug-15 08:29:31

put the band around your neck, pull the bits of fringe forward that you're keeping out of the band, tie the fringe in a bobble, style hair, then lift the front of the hairband over your face and put it in the space between fringe (that is in a bobble) and hair. also slightly back comb the hair the is going back and smooth it over as that'll help hold it away from the band and keep the band on display

lucysmam Sat 08-Aug-15 08:54:52

Thanks Ravioli, I'll try that when I sort my mop out grin

RavioliOnToast Sat 08-Aug-15 09:06:46

I didn't realise it was you lucysmam haha, I promise I'm not stalking you! blush

lucysmam Sat 08-Aug-15 09:18:23

grin yep, 'tis me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now