Warmth vs Waterproof

(10 Posts)
yazzy85 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:00:26

Living in London what factor is more important for a winter coat, warmth or it being fully waterproof? I plan to use it for schoolrun 15-20 minute walk and can't decide between the North Face Metropolis down jacket or a Seasalt waterproof one??

FuzzyWizard Thu 06-Aug-15 09:06:18

I'd go for the seasalt one. Waterproof and wind proof goes a long way to keeping you warm.

dexter73 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:18:52

I think waterproof too. If it is really cold I wear one of these underneath.

yazzy85 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:28:41

Thank you! The down vest is a great idea, never thought of that before.

Which of these would be better?

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/waterproof-outdoor-coats-and-jackets/northstar-long-quilted-waterproof-raincoat_black.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&productid=22617&gclid=CK3WnbKElMcCFTGWtAodwRUNrg

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton/waterproof-outdoor-coats-and-jackets/plant-hunter-quilted-waterproof-raincoat_coal.htm

yazzy85 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:32:40

Any advice on the seasalt coats??

dexter73 Thu 06-Aug-15 11:16:33

I'd go for the Northstar purely for cost reasons. Seems like a good buy!

SuperFlyHigh Thu 06-Aug-15 13:29:40

there's another thread about this further down this page...

stripytees Thu 06-Aug-15 15:13:49

You can have waterproof and warm. Wait for the autumn/winter collections. Seasalt will have them later on in the year.

I have their Snowdrop coat and it's toasty warm.

dexter73 Thu 06-Aug-15 15:20:09

I think it could be better to get a waterproof and then wear something under if it is cold as our winters aren't that cold especially in London. I think a thinner one is more versatile.

yazzy85 Thu 06-Aug-15 15:42:44

I've ordered the Northstar, the price was too tempting!! Hopefully it will fit well and be everything I need smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now