Off to Florida, What beauty products should I buy?

(15 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Tue 04-Aug-15 19:17:04

Folk often rave about products from the US or stuff we can get in the UK but that's a lot cheaper in the States.

Any ideas?

BlisterFace Tue 04-Aug-15 19:20:58

Mac is much cheaper in the U.S. Although I am not a fan... Ralph Lauren and Gap both cheap.

Aldo off to Orlando in September so shamelessly place marking for other ideas smile

blacktreaclecat Tue 04-Aug-15 19:27:28

Secret deodorant
We're going in May and going to look at Benefit plus lots of drugs from cvs

Madbengalmum Tue 04-Aug-15 19:28:33

Keihls stuff is much cheaper in US

woodhill Tue 04-Aug-15 19:41:12

I'm going there too. Lancome was good and you get very generous free gifts

Go to the outlet malls - they have make up shops which often have amazing bargains, and I think products must be released a bit earlier there. Lots of special offers, sets, kits etc which are bargainous. Urban Decay lipglosses for $5 each, I got 4 Lancome mascaras for £$30 because they were special edition packaging etc etc.

Jaeme Wed 05-Aug-15 00:41:44

If you're hitting the outlets in Orlando and are / have someone over 50 with you then you can get extra money off in some of the outlets on Tuesday's.

Orlando magicard that you can get from the visitor centres lets you get the outlet mall coupon books for free instead of $5.

If you're shopping at gap, old navy, Victoria's Secret etc check online offers as hotels let you send packages there and you can end up saving an extra 30% versus in store price.

Product wise - EOS lip balms are fab and only about $3.

itsnothingoriginal Wed 05-Aug-15 13:58:58

I'm going in a few weeks too! Leaving lots of space in suitcase for Old Navy/Gap bargains as DH loves the clothes in there. Great tip about the outlets and taking an over 50s person shopping - not so good for FIL as will be dragging him around the shops with us!!

dogdaydisaster Wed 05-Aug-15 15:41:14

In Sephora- Kat Von D makeup, bite lipsticks, Sephora own brand, tarte and too Faced melted lipsticks. Bare minerals if you use it.

In Walmart/Target- physicians formula powders/blushers, wet n wild eyeshadow, Eddie nail polish
Enjoy!!

Lovewearingjeans Wed 05-Aug-15 15:44:49

Love Sephora! They do roll on mini perfumes in popular fragrances like Daisy and Chloe. Go to Bath and Body works for bath products.

FrugalFashionista Wed 05-Aug-15 18:33:48

I love CVS (Whitestrips, Degree deodorant, Neutrogena sunscreen...) Sephora, Lululemon, J Crew, Madewell, Club Monaco, Target; sometimes even bland Middle American casual stuff from Old Navy.

LooseSeal Wed 05-Aug-15 18:40:14

I like Bath and Body Works, it's not high end but I like the range of scented products they do. They also sell small bottles of hand sanitiser in literally dozens of different smells, they're usually five for five dollars and make great little gifts to bring home.

burnishedsilver Wed 05-Aug-15 19:13:59

Omg, over 50s get an oap discount! I think I'm going cry.

gonegrey56 Wed 05-Aug-15 19:24:23

Neutrogena makeup , in drugstores and Walmart . Fabulous products, especially the foundations. I always stock up.
Otherwise look for brush kits from Bobbi Brown at the outlet beauty stores - great value and they make fab Xmas presents .

Cheesymonster Thu 06-Aug-15 06:50:11

When I went to LA I came back a dozen hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works, plus EOS lip balms and Cover Girl mascaras.

I'd look out for wet n wild make up and Tarte cosmetics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now