What do you think of these jeans? bought by accident, but now I am wondering about keeping them...

(16 Posts)
hookedonamoonagedaydream Fri 31-Jul-15 22:42:39

I was looking for skinny jeans but had the DCs with me so didn't read the label properly and picked up these (in grey) instead.

They are meant to give a bit more room on the thigh but I am worried I will end up with a sort of shooting britches effect as the day goes on and they relax a bit. What doesn't help is that they are as tight as can be atm, I am losing baby weight so I bought them snug to accommodate losing a bit more.

I was also hoping that they might look ok a bit looser?

duckwalk Sat 01-Aug-15 02:01:30

Ooh, I really like them! I'm on the lookout for another pair of jeans and these look ideal. I used to wear jeans in this style before skinnies came into fashion....so comfortable!

perfectpeach Sat 01-Aug-15 07:38:59

I think they're lovely!

dexter73 Sat 01-Aug-15 08:42:06

I have those jeans. They don't give much so will be fine if you lose a bit more weight.

hookedonamoonagedaydream Sat 01-Aug-15 20:58:46

Oh good, thank you.

Today I was ironing some FF jeans that I bought in 2012 (they have been to small to get into since about 2013), it turns out that they are also 'slim', so I have had them before in a larger size.

These contour slim ones come up quite big for size imo, even more generous than FF usually are, I wasn't expecting to get them done up as I bought bought them to slim into and picked up a size smaller than I am currently wearing. Risky move but it seems to be paying off so far.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 01-Aug-15 21:42:30

They look great. I'd buy them. Quite a good price too.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 01-Aug-15 21:46:09

Can't link but I think you have the marble grey ones.... Which are nicer than plain grey as a black/grey I think.

Again, I'd buy them. Very nice, they have good reviews too.

guzzlewump Sat 01-Aug-15 22:13:27

<whispers> if you want some cheap jeans that look good but don't want to pay out loads because you're hoping to lose weight - I've had more compliments wearing Sainsburys jeans than any other brand...
They have a wide variety of different cuts and colours, including skinnies

guzzlewump Sat 01-Aug-15 22:22:29

Doh. Typing previous message and stopped autocorrect from turning skinnies into shinnied and it posted too.

Anyhow, meant to say they also have some skinnies and slim ones, and even the expensive ones are only about £20/pair. I've stopped buying the proper expensive brands recently for jeans (and cords in the winter when I want to be warm!) and just buy - ideally when they have their 25% off clothes offer on but whenever they have the right size/colour in!

Having said that, I like the ones you've linked to, reckon they would be more flattering than skinnies!

DarylDixonsDarlin Sun 02-Aug-15 00:05:20

I've got those fatface jeans, I love them! Bought some last year, have worn them a lot, they've washed and worn very well and have been very comfortable for me. I am now wearing the same style in a size down, due to weight loss. I needed a belt for the last half a stone in the first pair, they aren't stretchy tho so I didn't find too much sagging as long as they were kept up properly at the waist.

And yes to sainsbos jeans! They were bought at about the same time and have been worn easily as much if not more than my fat face ones, lasting quite well too. Even better, I had them in the sale, think I paid about £7 for them - cost per wear is probably pennies by now! grin

Funnily enough, I've trawled the internet today for grey and white jeans, couldn't find any with the shape I wanted. You've just found me some, hooked grin
One thing I have noticed though - it seems high street jeans have returned to 95-98% cotton now, rather than the 70/80% cotton and the rest poly/elastane mix of recent years. I find they last longer, less saggy and colour keeps better when they're nearly all cotton.

DarylDixonsDarlin Sun 02-Aug-15 00:11:24

The reason I chose that style was for the extra room on the calves, I find skinnies a bit restrictive as I have disproportionately large calves, and as these are a bit looser at the bottom I can move properly. They were still slim enough to tuck into my ankle boots and not look 'stuffed in', yet roomy enough to pull down over the top of my DMs.

FionaGallagher Sun 02-Aug-15 02:12:28

They look good.

hookedonamoonagedaydream Sun 02-Aug-15 09:55:42

Glad to have helped Daryl. I agree with you about the higher cotton content ones keeping their shape better, I have some from 2004 that almost fit again, they are 100% cotton but very dated now I think.

I will have a look in Sainsburys, it would be a cheaper option, I currently have 3 pairs of FF jeans that I really should e-bay as they are hardly worn!

Shitmyhairdressersays Sun 02-Aug-15 09:57:00

Are those Fat Face ones really high cut?
I'm currently wearing the very stretchy Asda jeans that are like leggings in feel but look like jeans.
They are soooo comfy to wear but very high cut which I hate.
Designers - please take note: high cut jeans DO NOT give a flattering look to the tum, even if you don't have a big tum you look like you do when wearing high waisted jeans. Lower rise look better!

Bunbaker Sun 02-Aug-15 09:58:33

I agree that Sainsburys are really good for jeans. I have a pair of slim fit and a pair of jeggings.

Those FatFace ones look too low rise to be comfortable for me. I prefer my jeans to sit just under my waist.

hookedonamoonagedaydream Sun 02-Aug-15 10:41:56

I didn't think the FF were really high, I'm not sure where on my waist they fit though as I'm not sure where my waist is anymore. I seem to be carrying most of my excess weight on my tummy, so either too high or too low a cut is not good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now