Flatter tummy quickly?

(8 Posts)
Googlers123 Mon 27-Jul-15 07:38:45

I read on here that cutting,out carbs can give a flatter tummy quite quickly so I cut out all carbs for 10 days but just felt swollen and bloated. I thought it must be lack,of fibre so I added some carbs again but I'm still bloated. Any ideas for something to combat this quickly? I'm going on hols next week and would like to stop the bloating and hopefully get my stomach back to normal fairly soon!

Blondie1984 Mon 27-Jul-15 07:40:28

Cut out all fizzy drinks
Look up the fodmap diet - that might help

Googlers123 Mon 27-Jul-15 07:46:44

I will look at that, thanks, but I never drink fizzy drinks so it can't be that

4kidsandaunicorn Mon 27-Jul-15 07:55:46

I cut out wheat, white carbs, potatoes and refined sugar and bought a pair of spanx. So I eat oats cakes, brown/wild rice and have a little bit of honey if I want to something sweet. It worked so well I have given up on the wheat and potatoes altogether. I eat a bit of sugar but not much.

Drink water. Reducing (do not ever completely cut carbs!) carbs should do it very quickly, as long as you have some fibre anyway. Try some leafy green veg

WhyIRayLiotta Mon 27-Jul-15 11:07:59

Find one of the low carb boot camp threads on here. It's not just about eating low carb, it's avoiding sugar - so a lot of fruits and veg are out too. I am a complete apple shape and following low carb / sugar is the only thing that makes my tummy flatter / smaller.

castlesintheair Mon 27-Jul-15 11:32:06

Drink loads of water 2++ litres a day. Just eat fruit and veg. Soups are good. No sugar. Some protein. No alcohol. Do this for a few days. I find not eating after about 6pm gives me a flatter tummy.

Googlers123 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:13:42

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try those

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now