Best Plus Size mum tum covering jeans?

(12 Posts)
rockchickchickyrock Fri 24-Jul-15 07:38:23

I was wondering whether anyone can point me in the right direction for plus size (18/20) jeans? I had my dd 2 weeks ago and have literally nothing to wear on my bottom half! (Apart from leggings and roll top yoga pants) I've got a few nice nursing tops but can't wear them with leggings as they don't cover my bum and big thighs! I was wearing tunics and maxi dresses towards the end of my pregnancy but these are all non feeding friendly - Argh!

Also I've had complications with my c section scar so I can't go far and don't have the energy for a shopping trip yet, so want to order a few pairs online just to ride me over in the immediate post baby phrase! I've got one pair of harem pants from last year that look smart, are comfy and hide a multitude of sins but a few pairs of stretchy high rise jeans would be useful too! Thanks in advance!

Waywarddaughter Fri 24-Jul-15 08:58:07

I've got a pair of Evans wide legged jeans that are nicely high waisted - I'm the same size as you - they are a good dark denim with a nice bit of stretch -they also feel quite 'smart'. I think if you get a size 20 they could be perfect. I've got a post c section tum that I like my jeans to come well 'past' - though mine is 2 years not 2 weeks!

rockchickchickyrock Fri 24-Jul-15 09:04:41

Thank you wayward! :-)

I'll have a nosey on their website. I got some nice shirts from there earlier in the summer that I could unbutton to bf with too... Jeans are such a pita to buy!

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 24-Jul-15 09:40:20

I bought some high waist, wide leg jeans from next which have been fabulous.

Flingingmelon Fri 24-Jul-15 10:27:31

You don't mention your budget so these might be a bit steep but NYDJ are unbelievable. I got depressed trying to get back into my Top Shop ones and failing hmm

polyhymnia Fri 24-Jul-15 13:33:29

Yes agree on NYDJ recommendation. They're not a cheap option but I don't wear anything else now.

rockchickchickyrock Fri 24-Jul-15 20:01:31

I ordered a couple of pairs of Evans ones and I notices those NYDJ ones - £146 wow! Maybe if I got back to my standard pre baby size 14/16 I might invest... I'm going to start slimming world/running again once I feel able... If I spend that on a pair now and lose the weight that would be a bit of a waste! I am intreagued however - what makes them so special? And worth the price? I thought a few cheapie pairs to start with...

Flingingmelon Fri 24-Jul-15 23:19:17

They're just cut for actual human beings as opposed to all the other spends American jeans brands that are cut for people that look like Taylor Swift.

ILovedThe90s Sat 25-Jul-15 06:43:23

Did you wear maternity jeans? I wore mine post pregnancy for the first couple of months. They were perfect for that post baby bump, that will go down.

rockchickchickyrock Sat 25-Jul-15 07:05:03

I gave up on my maternity jeans as they dug in to the bottom of my bump and also they kept falling down! ( Next over the bump ones) I think I just had the wrong shape for them!

rockchickchickyrock Mon 27-Jul-15 11:13:29

Would just like to report that I received the Evans boot cut jeans today, size 20 in pear shape and standard fit and the standard are perfect :-) so many thanks for the tips. Only £18 too! Nice high waist - mum tum is well and truly contained!

Waywarddaughter Mon 27-Jul-15 12:13:26

Whoop, glad they were a winner! I wore mine yesterday and wondered how you were getting on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now