Nailvarnish lids won't come off

(9 Posts)
Belo Thu 23-Jul-15 17:31:06

I've bought a new Seche Vite and and an OPI top coat a couple of weeks ago. DD1 borrowed them (without asking) and now I can't get the tops off. Does anybody know any tricks to get them off? I've tried using my teeth and that hasn't help. Any tips would be appreciated!

NanTheWiser Thu 23-Jul-15 17:37:45

Oooh, don't use your teeth! Run the cap under hot water for a couple of minutes, then wrap an elastic band round the cap (for extra grip), and it should come off quite easily.

Wolfiefan Thu 23-Jul-15 17:38:26

Put on rubber gloves! The grip will help.

Cocolepew Thu 23-Jul-15 17:42:09

Hot water or tap them gently against a worktop.

CheeseandGherkins Thu 23-Jul-15 17:43:48

Pliers

Belo Thu 23-Jul-15 17:45:59

Thanks - I'm going to put the kettle on, find a rubber band and my rubber gloves and get to work. Failing that I'll raid the tool kit and find pliers. I'll then report back!

Sizzlesthedog Thu 23-Jul-15 17:46:29

Run it under a hot tap, then it should unscrew.

When you get it open, wipe the neck of the bottle with amnail polish remover soaked cotton pad. This will remove the build up of polish and prevent it from sticking tight again.

Wolfiefan Thu 23-Jul-15 17:47:00

Gosh you will need to do your nails after boiling water and pliers!
grin

Sizzlesthedog Thu 23-Jul-15 17:48:11

I wouldn't use boiling water, the glass could shatter or the varnish could cook thereby getting thick and gloopy. Running under a hot tap is sufficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now