Are you a gold or a silver person?

(51 Posts)
Bavmorda Tue 21-Jul-15 08:54:14

Or do you wear both together?

I can never decide so have given up and mix... never know if this is a faux pas.

Greengardenpixie Tue 21-Jul-15 08:58:53

I dont wear both at the same time. I suppose i should be gold since i am olive in skin tone but i do love silver. I wear gold more now since i have got older but silver was my choice when i was younger and i suppose still is. I find gold just a bit blingy for me. I like silver cause its understated.

LassieKillsChickens Tue 21-Jul-15 09:02:19

I wear and prefer silver although I'm supposed to wear gold. But actually the lady who did my colours said with jewellery (such as wedding/engagement rings etc.) you want them to stand out so going against your natural colour is no bad thing.

Bunbaker Tue 21-Jul-15 09:03:28

I prefer silver, which suits me better anyway.

dexter73 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:04:43

I wear both, sometimes at the same time. I think they look good together,

BestIsWest Tue 21-Jul-15 09:09:31

I wear both together too. I agree they look good together.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 21-Jul-15 09:10:41

I mix, my wedding ring (heirloom) is gold but my engagement ring is platinum.

OwlAtEase Tue 21-Jul-15 09:12:13

My wedding and engagement rings are gold but silver suits my skin better, so I'm often wearing both.

Bavmorda Tue 21-Jul-15 09:16:06

I'm olive and tend to go quite brown in summer. I always feel gold should suit me but somehow silver stands out better.

IvyWall Tue 21-Jul-15 09:17:52

I wear both. My watch is a mix as is one of my rings

ephemeralfairy Tue 21-Jul-15 09:19:40

Gold! The blingier, the better. I don't really do subtle :-)

NickiFury Tue 21-Jul-15 09:24:41

Silver. Don't mix. Gold looks wrong on me.

trollkonor Tue 21-Jul-15 09:26:58

Gold because it suits me better.

I think you can mix but you have to be careful on the shades and wear them close together. Say gold and silver on your wrists, rather than gold necklace and silver bracelet.

Monica101 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:28:08

I had my colours done with house of colour and got told I suited silver over gold.

I was a gold person up until then. I think if your cool toned silver looks better on you.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 21-Jul-15 09:28:34

Silver all the way.
I do have gold jewellery that I probably wear once a year due to outfit having gold in it or something but silver suites me better.

sassytheFIRST Tue 21-Jul-15 09:30:19

I prefer the look of silver but gold suits my colouring better.

Always wear a titanium watch and gold rings (wedding/engagement, plus my mum's engagement ring) though so there is an immediate mismatch of colours on my wrists/hands.

Silver. I don't like gold, although I do have a couple of gold coloured fashion necklaces. Silver definitely suits me better, and goes better with black and grey, which is pretty much all I wear.

Hooleywhipper Tue 21-Jul-15 09:59:22

My wedding ring is a mix so I tend to wear mixed in other jewellery too.

TheVeryThing Tue 21-Jul-15 10:00:08

Gold suits me better (warm toned) but I have lots of silver pendants so still wear them sometimes.
I'm not a blingy person normally (although becoming more so as I get older confused), so I often go for bronze instead of gold.

Mama1980 Tue 21-Jul-15 10:09:45

Silver always.

Liveinthepresent Tue 21-Jul-15 10:16:53

I would have said gold a few years ago - engagement and wedding rings are gold and at the time everyone agreed that suited me best. But I wear gold plating off very quickly so it was a bit limiting / expensive so now I mix. I have a mixed watch and a couple of other pieces I deliberately bought because they were a mix and I think help me pull the combination together.
Sometimes go all gold or silver for more impact depending on outfit.

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 21-Jul-15 10:41:07

I wear both and think both suit me. But then I don't really 'believe' in the HOC thing wink

dangerrabbit Tue 21-Jul-15 13:01:22

Depends on the shade of gold/silver.

A matt gold suits me, and both shiny and Matt silver suits with shiny silver slightly better.

I have a gold engagement ring and a white gold wedding ring.

MarchelineWhatNot Tue 21-Jul-15 13:03:26

I am a gold person, unfortunately. I would prefer to wear silver but it makes my skin look grey.

poppym12 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:05:27

I prefer silver so my engagement ring etc is white gold. Other stuff I wear is silver but I do like a bit of aged copper during the winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now