one bra strap keeps falling down

(11 Posts)
ItsaTenfromDen Thu 16-Jul-15 14:07:29

how do I fix this?

Is it too big/small etc

Thanks in advance

stripytees Thu 16-Jul-15 18:00:29

It can mean the band size is too big for you. Have you measured using the MN methods i.e. underbust and over the widest part of your boobs when you're bending forward? Or google Better Bra Campaign.

CheeseandPickledOnion Thu 16-Jul-15 20:08:37

Did you try making that one tighter? grin

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 16-Jul-15 20:15:14

Do you have narrow shoulders? My strap often falls down. Vest straps do too, and bags often slip off.

sonata1 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:11:47

I have one shoulder that is lower and slopes and the strap always falls down on that side. have a look at your shoulders. You can make that side a bit tighter.

valerie123 Sat 18-Jul-15 22:06:02

Maybe your bra strap is simply too loose.

My personal test is that you should not be able to pull your bra straps up beyond the bottom of your ear lobe.

Libitina Sun 19-Jul-15 11:33:22

I have one shoulder that is lower and slopes and the strap always falls down on that side. have a look at your shoulders. You can make that side a bit tighter.

This is me too. I can't wear handbags on that shoulder either, as they just slide off.

pinkfrocks Sun 19-Jul-15 11:49:09

Just hoik the strap up so it's tighter,

But overall, it is possibly because you have narrow shoulders. I have and find there are lots of styles I cannot wear (bras) due to the wide spacing of the straps- usually balconette styles.

Also- wearing a shoulder bag can give you a dropped shoulder. This has happened to me and I now try to only use across the body or hand held bags. Shoulder bags can cause a lot of postural problems in later life.

brahelper Sun 19-Jul-15 11:57:31

Hi

Its a common problem.

A good tip is to wear sleeveless and tuck in the edge of the top over the bra strap, it should keep it up reasonably well, in addition if the strap falls its much easier to push it back up without a sleeve in the way.

Otherwise try a strap retainer.

Hope this helps.

brahelper Sun 19-Jul-15 12:01:58

Also I forgot to add, only tighten the strap if the back doesnt ride up, a too tight strap will make the back ride up and will make the problem worse, sometimes adjustment can only make the falling less frequent but not fix it, it can take time to get right.

Hope this helps. smile

valerie123 Sun 19-Jul-15 22:49:46

You could try one of those plastic clips, which give you semi-crossed bra straps.

I sometimes do this when I am wearing a sleeveless top. Only a couple of my bras have straps which are long enough, and it's a real struggle to get the clip engaged across the middle of my back without help.

It's also quite uncomfortable, as the straps cut into my shoulders, but you are really harnessed-in and nothing can cause you to drop or flop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now