Help! Spots that never quite go

(10 Posts)
LoisEinhorn Tue 14-Jul-15 14:23:38

On my chin area and one between my nose and lip. Area stays a litle bit pink and then flares up again.
Anyone else? I need tips please, tried Freederm and its not helping

Melonfool Tue 14-Jul-15 21:42:51

Could be cold sores, try Zovirax or similar with same active ingredient.

sksk Wed 15-Jul-15 11:38:25

Could it be peri oral dermatitis?

Mimigolightly Wed 15-Jul-15 12:40:52

If they're not going - and they're definitely spots - then it suggests that there is still something in them.

LRP Effaclar Duo and AI are really good for spots in general.

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 12:49:58

I have this. Spots come on around period- usually one to three sore buggers, then settle down leaving dusky patch of healing skin which never quite goes because another one eventually appears.

I second LRP. Started using effaclar duo- quick make-up and mascara removal with a face wipe, then effaclar cleanser and rinse with water, then toner and moisturiser (all effaclar).

I've been using them about 2 months and and, touch wood, NO big spots. Just two tiny pimple things which dried up and disappeared without a trace. So far, so AMAZING!

There's a pack with all three of them together that I got from boots.

sksk Wed 15-Jul-15 20:21:52

I just got some benzoyl peroxide cream for a sore cystic pimple that I think is due to my shampoo. Is the effacer quite drying?

sksk Wed 15-Jul-15 20:22:24

I mean Effaclar.

Mimigolightly Wed 15-Jul-15 20:24:20

No, I haven't found Effaclar Duo to be drying at all.

MarinaCoyle Wed 15-Jul-15 21:31:54

I haven't found it drying either.

Though I when I used old standard moisturiser for my face I used to be able to rub the excess into my hands and they'd feel moisturised, but with the effaclar they don't, so I use a standard one for hands and around the eye area.

So in summary it probably isn't as thick/moisturisery (invented word) as other creams. But the skin on my face feels lovely these days so it's doing something right!

iwantgin Wed 15-Jul-15 22:00:42

I see someone upthread mentioned perioral dermatitis.

It could be.

Is it itchy? Fluid filled tiny spots which burst quickly, dry up- but then recur pretty quickly?

If so then it might be that.

I get it now and again - always, always in the same patch. Treatment is a 3months course of Lymecycline. It clears within two weeks, but i take the whole course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now