Warm but thin jumper for long haul flight

(11 Posts)
kiwidreamer Sun 12-Jul-15 19:39:24

Yeah its me again, blathering on about long haul flight attire!! I got my Next tapered jersey trousers and they are brilliant --and I had to size down whoop-- but the jumper I had ordered is bulky and massive, totally impractical for a flight. So now I need a light weight, roomy but warm jumper in navy / khaki / brown for about £40 max which rules out the ideal cashmere

Any other suggestions??

Coastingit Sun 12-Jul-15 20:37:16

Try to find something in merino wool. Light and drapey but warm too. I have a great boxy sweater from Uniqlo but they don't have their knitwear in yet. Searching 'boxy merino sweater' on Shopstyle found this which is gorgeous but only available in XXS.

Coastingit Sun 12-Jul-15 20:40:49

Ooh this could be good?

louloubelle2 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:03:43

yep, merino wool is good; thin and rolls up very small. If you can wait for new stock, Uniqlo is great as pp said.

Do you need a wool jumper the other end though? If not I'd be inclined to go for a cotton knit, but wear layers; vest, t-shirt then a cotton knit jumper with a large wool wrap to use as a blanket. That should be warm enough?

plentyofshoes Tue 14-Jul-15 09:53:01

Uniqlo have lots in and they are good quality.

Chicinwellies Tue 14-Jul-15 10:07:52

Hmm, I wore this with a white co cotton top underneath, for a flight last week. Super comfy and did the job. Now my daughter has 'borrowed' it. www.marksandspencer.com/textured-lace-insert-jumper/p/p22422996

sarahrosen24 Tue 14-Jul-15 10:35:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

specialsubject Tue 14-Jul-15 11:43:29

lightweight fleece is available in all those colours. Cheap, warm, dries in seconds, rolls up to nothing and so on.

go to an outdoors shop, Mountain Warehouse are good.

Oly4 Tue 14-Jul-15 13:38:28

I just bought this cashmere jumper with an extra 10% off. I'm a 10/12 but got the 14 as cashmere shrinks. It's as thin as merino wool but with the warmth of cashmere
www.thewhitecompany.com/sale/clothing/crew-neck-cashmere-jumper--black/

BikeRunSki Tue 14-Jul-15 13:43:43

Woolovers have many styles of jumpers etc in many colours in several lambswool/merino/cotton/silk mixes.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 14-Jul-15 14:03:55

Primark have some decent zip up hooded tops in all different colours.
I bought one for travel and it's great.
And cheap!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now