What do I need to wear to a Graduation?

(7 Posts)

DD1 graduates as a doctor next friday (yay!) DD2 as a nurse shortly after.
I'm a jean, t shirt woman. I don't own a dress as my work place is practical.. (I teach in a special school.. we wear clothes we can dash to catch a kind in!)
I am NOT a dressy girl... trousers all the way. But I suspect I should look smart.

I am not smart. I am slim, tall, and scared of dresses! What would be appropriate?!

LogonMounstuart Sat 11-Jul-15 02:42:15

People do tend to dress up a bit. So a little smart is usually the order of the day. Dresses not essential though smart trousers fine too!

Euphemia Sat 11-Jul-15 07:53:33

I've seen everything from smart workwear to Mother of the Bride/Groom!

DorisLessingsCat Sat 11-Jul-15 07:56:20

Smart trousers would be fine smile

Think about what would look nice in photos beside your gowned offspring.

Congratulations to them both.

merlehaggard Sat 11-Jul-15 07:59:26

My daughter graduated yesterday! I never wear dresses either. I wore navy blue Capri trousers and a pink and navy blouse. People were wearing smart clothes but not over the top.

dreamingofsun Sat 11-Jul-15 15:51:47

my son graduated last year and i was surprised at the vast array of styles - some mothers looked as if they had come directly from a nightclub, others walking the dog or a wedding. A real mix. the lady next to me looked as if she was wearing black jeans - though she was definately one of the more casual dressers.

So smartish trousers, nice top and not too casual shoes/sandals would do fine.

sonata1 Sat 11-Jul-15 17:47:51

Wear what you would be happy to be seen in for the proud Mum photo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now