Clothes copying service

(5 Posts)
fatpony Thu 09-Jul-15 19:51:04

Has anyone come across a service that can copy clothes (was thinking an online seamstress or something)? I have a very simple dress that fits me perfectly (I'm a bit of a tricky shape so love it) and some gorgeous fabric to use. When I lived in the Middle East I always took cotton dresses to tailors to be copied but can't seem to find something like that locally. Any ideas? Thanks!

Brookville Thu 09-Jul-15 20:04:58

What about asking in traditional tailor areas in major cities near where you live? I haven't done it personally but I'm sure the shops in the back of Spitalfields/Aldgate in (central) East London would be able to help. There's a street there called Fashion Street!

maybemyrtle Thu 09-Jul-15 20:05:34

If you don't have a good tailor locally, try gumtree or local sewing shops etc for someone who teaches dress-making privately, they may take on jobs like this or be able to point you to someone who will.

4kidsandaunicorn Thu 09-Jul-15 21:53:25

A good dressmaker may do it for you. I am an ok sewer and have managed to copy stuff before (without taking the garment apart and drawing round the bits). Perhaps look and see if anyone advertises locally?

fatpony Thu 09-Jul-15 22:07:30

These are all great ideas thanks. I am an Ok sewer too but could only copy it by taking it apart, making pattern pieces and then doing it that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now