Help! What should I wear?

(9 Posts)
bluejeanswhiteshirt Tue 07-Jul-15 18:33:27

On Saturday I'm having my first night out in 18 months after being pregnant, being a single parent etc. It's my friend's birthday and we're going into town for a few drinks.

The problem is I have absolutely no idea what to wear and need opinions/advice smile

I'm 25. I have wide hips and no boobs unfortunately, so very much pear shaped but with long legs and still carrying a few extra pounds around my hips and stomach. I'm fairly tall and can't walk in heels so they're off limits. S

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be extremely grateful!

Roseybee10 Tue 07-Jul-15 18:53:17

Skinny jeans, long top and cute pumps?

Or a summery floral dress with sandals?

Gem124 Tue 07-Jul-15 19:26:42

I second skinny jeans; I'd wear with a pretty floaty top and heels and lovely jewellery.
Have a nice time!

bluejeanswhiteshirt Tue 07-Jul-15 22:34:31

Thank you. I'm going to have to buy new so any recommendations on where to buy flattering skinny jeans? And should I go dark or light? I think I'll try and find some medium size heels but again, no idea what kind of heels look good with skinny jeans. I'm a disaster!

thecrimsonpetal Tue 07-Jul-15 22:42:08

I love topshop for skinny jeans, the Jamie ones are my favourite as they are quite high waisted so no muffin top grin Personally I always go for dark denim.

What about wedges if you struggle with heels?

Potterwolfie Tue 07-Jul-15 23:57:27

Wedges all the way! I'm tall too, and can't walk well in normal heels, but wedges are my friend. Some lovely wooden heeled/soled ones around at the moment, or tan leather with a cork heel is always a good, wearable option. Dark skinnies with lots of stretch so you're comfortable if you need to sit down. Have fun!

HelenF35 Wed 08-Jul-15 04:27:17

Saibsburys do brilliant skinnies, second the wedges suggestion.

bluejeanswhiteshirt Wed 08-Jul-15 07:38:52

It's mainly the height factor that puts me off heels, all my friends are smaller than me so I end up feeling like a giant. Would flats look bad with skinnies? I think it's going to be a really hot day again too.

DeathMetalMum Wed 08-Jul-15 07:48:21

Flats ans skinnies would be okay. Though I dislike heels and bought some extremely comfy ones at Clarks think they are Chorous tempo range. I'm also a fan (in the summer) of wearing nice flat sandals out and they will go well with skinnies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now